The 2008 National Film Challenge is On!

  • Doug Whyte
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2008
      Hey NY 48HFP Filmmakers,

      The National Film Challenge, the 48 Hour Film Project's sister competition, is coming to your town October 24th through 27th.

      http://www.filmchallenge.org

      Regardless of where you are, this is your opportunity to write, shoot, and edit a short film in three days. Just like in the 48 Hour Film Project, you'll receive a character, prop, line of dialogue, and a genre at 7pm local time, October 24th. Then you'll have to mail the film in on October 27th. In the following weeks the top films (determined by a national panel of judges) will be available for viewing (and voting!) on the NFC website. The winning films will screen with the 48 Hour Film Project City Winners at the next FIlmapalooza, the 48 Hour Film Project's end of year event. In addition there are cash prizes for the winning films!

      SO WHO PARTICIPATES IN THE NATIONAL FILM CHALLENGE?

      --48HFP Filmmakers who have a need for speed and want to make another film before the 48HFP returns to your city in 2009.
      --Filmmakers who either missed your city's 48HFP or who did not register in time to make your city's team limit.
      --Filmmakers who live in cities that do not have a 48HFP yet. (Please forward this to your friends and relatives who might be in this dire situation!)

      HOW DO I SIGN UP MY TEAM?

      Registration is now open on our website. The number of teams is limited to 300 and registration is on a first come first served basis. The Early Bird Entry Fee is $110 if you register on or before September 30, 2008 and $125 if you register between October 1, 2008 and October 23, 2008. Teams can be anywhere from 1 person to 30 or more people. Read all of the rules of the contest here:

      http://www.filmchallenge.org/rules.htm

      Do you have any questions about the National Film Challenge? Please check our FAQ page and then use our web form to submit questions you need answered.

      http://www.filmchallenge.org/faq.htm

      Wondering what your competition will be like? View the winning films from the 2007 National Film Challenge in our on-line screening room:

      http://filmchallenge.org/results2007.htm

      The National Film Challenge is a non-profit event brought to you by KDHX Community Media and the 48 Hour Film Project.

      www.kdhx.org/mediaarts
      www.48hourfilm.com

      Every second counts! (Even when you have a whopping 72 hours to make your film.)

      Doug Whyte
      National Film Challenge Producer