NFC & NAB NEW YORK (Congrats to Skyhawk Pictures!) - Get your FREE Exhibits Pass
- Just a quick note before the weekend...
The National Film Challenge starts tonight! Good luck to all you New
York filmmakers who are participating!
Congratulations to Skyhawk Pictures whose 2006 New York 48HFP Film
"Sweetmeats" will screen next week at NAB New York! Come check it out
next Wednesday, October 25 at 6pm, Javits Center.
48 Hour Filmmakers get a $100 discount off the conference price and
free exhibits passes. Both get you into the screening for free! See
the details below.
Have a great weekend!
Christina M. Ruppert
New York Producer
48 Hour Film Project
You're Invited to NAB New York !
Come to the National Association of Broadcasters New York Conference
on October 23-26! Geared to the professional production and
post-production community, NAB features workshops and exhibits on
cutting edge technologies and techniques.
We will screen a selection of the Best 48 Hour Films of 2006 on
Wednesday, October 25th at 6pm. As part of our participation, NAB
offers all 48 Hour filmmakers free Exhibits passes (regularly $125
each). Also, there is a 48 Hour Film Participant Discount of $100 off
the total Post|Production Conference New York registration. It applies
to the Post|Production Conference New York Full Package OR
Post|Production Conference New York One Day Conference Pass.
Whether registering for exhibits only or for a complete conference,
all NAB New York participants enjoy access to over 90 exhibiting
companies, plus these additional highlights:
- Opening Cocktail Reception
- Keynote Sessions
- Exhibit Floor Lunch
- Film Screenings (including the 48HFP!)
- NABEF/BEA/RTNDA Career Fair
When registering for NAB, 48 Hour Filmmakers should:
1) On the Registration Page, click on Register with a VIP exhibits Pass
2) On the Profile Page, when asked "Please indicate one category that
best describes you," check the box for "48 Hour Film Participant"
3) On the Registration Category page, choose either:
- VIP Exhibits (48 Hour Flim Participant) and enter "NY11" in the
space which says "Enter VIP Code." This will enable you to have a free
Exhibits Pass !
- Conference (48 Hour Film Participant) and then select from Content
Creation or Business Media Forums on the next page.
(Note: The $100 Discount ONLY applies to the conference listed above.
The Discount will be applied on the payment page - be sure to double
check this before paying.)
Films to be Screened
1. "Neighbors: A Western Sort of" by Agile H Productions, DC
2. "Sweetmeats" by Skyhawk Pictures, New York
3. "Untitled" by WIT Films, DC
4. "Le Gaffe" by The CinemAsylum, Miami
5. "Stuff'd" by Sleepy Eye, Minneapolis
6. "07" by Brain Bucket Films, LTD, LA
7. "Flight to Freedom" by Magnetoscope Pictures, Cincinnati
8. "I Will Not . . ." by Bargain Basement Films, Baltimore