148 Hour Film Project comes to Las Vegas!

  • abshier_angela
    Jun 18, 2005
      CALLING ALL FILMMAKERS!

      Hi... my name is Angela Abshier and I am the Las Vegas producer of
      the 48 Hour Film Project. I am contacting this group in an effort
      to seek out every single person with an interest in filmmaking in
      Southern Nevada.

      The 48 Hour Film Project is a high-energy filmmaking competition.
      Filmmaking teams make a movie from scratch, writing, shooting, and
      editing the 7 minute films - all in one weekend.

      On Friday, August 5, teams draw their genre from a hat and receive a
      character, prop, and word that must appear in the film. On Sunday,
      August 7, teams race to drop off their masterpieces. On Tuesday,
      August 9th, filmmaking teams will see their finished work on the big
      screen at Brenden Theatres at the Palms.

      The project is open to pros and amateurs alike. Teams will compete
      against each other to represent Las Vegas at the 48 Hour Film
      Project's Annual Awards Ceremony and to win the coveted "Best of
      2005" prize.

      To register or find out more, visit www.48hourfilm.com

      The 48 Hour Film Project is held in 46 cities in the US and around
      the world, including New York, Los Angeles, London and Brisbane,
      Australia. The 48 Hour Film Project's mission is to support
      independent filmmakers and energize independent filmmaking
      communities.

      I hope you will help spread the good word, and I hope to see you all
      there!

      Teams must be registered by July 1!

      All my best,

      Angela Abshier