4/8-10: Boston 48 Hour Film Project dates announced

  • Ben Guaraldi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
      Hello Boston 48 Hour Film Project folks!

      (Apologies if you've already gotten this in email...)

      Slowly and subtly, perhaps even imperceptibly, spring is wending its
      way towards us. And as spring rises from winter's slumbers, the 2005
      Boston 48 Hour Film Project shall come to meet it!

      In a wild, sleepless weekend, you and a team will make a movie--write,
      shoot, edit and score it. From scratch. In 48 hours. On Friday,
      April 8th, you'll get a character, a prop, a line of dialogue and a
      genre, all to include in your movie. By Sunday, April 10th, the movie
      must be complete. Then in the next two weeks, your film will show in
      either the Kendall or the Brattle.

      The application material will go live on Friday, February 11th. Until
      then, gather your teams, dust off your equipment, and get ready to film!

      Some ways to be involved:

      1. FORM A TEAM. If you can rustle up enough folks to make a movie,
      great! The project is open to pros and amateurs alike. Just line
      your team up, download the application from our webpage
      (http://www.48hourfilm.com), fill it in, pay the fee, and then meet us
      on Friday, April 8th, ready to go. There are only a limited number of
      slots, so apply soon...

      2. JOIN A TEAM. If you're interested in participating, but can't form
      a team, you can still definitely be involved! Just like last year,
      there will be happy hours where folks can meet team leaders and join
      their teams, which will be announced right here on the list. And
      there's the list itself, which proved useful in connecting folks with
      teams.

      3. WATCH THE MOVIES. Come on by to the see the movies! There will be
      four completely different shows on the following dates:
      - The Kendall Theater on 4/12 and 4/13 at 7pm and 9:30pm
      - The Brattle Theater on 4/19 and 4/20 at 7pm and 9:30pm

      It was a pleasure having so many wonderful teams make so many
      impressive films last year. I'm looking forward to all of you doing
      it again!

      Don't hesitate to email me with any questions: benguaraldi@...

      And come on out and make a movie!

      Ben Guaraldi
      benguaraldi@...
      Boston Producer
      48 Hour Film Project
      www.48hourfilm.com

      PS. My apologies if you received this email in error. To have your
      name removed from the list, simply drop me a line.
    • Ben Guaraldi
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2005
        Hello filmmakers--

        The Boston 48HFP Application Materials are ready! Download them at:
        http://www.48hourfilm.com/boston-2005.htm