Can't Judge a Book...

  • R S
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 3:53 PM
      One my trip to/from SC the past 3 days, I have seen a
      record of 4,7's mixed with 3's, double 3' and triple
      3's Also lots of 7's. I won't go into detail but
      suffice it to say that it was a record on the 28th. [ed. note: 4 x 7]

      I stopped at Barnes & Nobles about an hour ago on my
      way home and saw the following book in the science
      section:

      The Music of the Primes : Searching to Solve the
      Greatest Mystery in Mathematics
      by Marcus du Sautoy (Author)

      List Price: � $24.95
      Price: � $17.47 & eligible for FREE Super Saver
      Shipping on orders over $25. See details.
      You Save: � $7.48 (30%)

      The above ad and the following link is from
      Amazon.com.

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0066210704/ref=pd_sim_books_2/103-4110968-7547003?v=glance&s=books

      I'm supplying the link because the fun is in the
      picture of the book cover. Notice the cover of the
      book lists the first prime numbers in a two
      dimensional array pattern and notice the numbers in
      the diagonal starting from the upper right to the
      lower left corners. The intersting thing is that the
      diagonal string of numbers only came about after the
      cover designer excluded the number 2 and combined 17 &
      19 in one place. Three of the numbers seem to be
      fairly popular but wondering where/if 37 fits into things.

      http://search.yahoo.com