Re: [47] Synchronicity and Other Reflections

  • Michael Levine
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      This is very cool - thanks for writing this slowman.

      As we all know, there are numerous listing of 4 and 7 in many other
      religions as well. I am no expert, but I know this has been discussed before
      - specifically in the Judeo/Christian works ...

      Mike

    • mike manhorcan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003

        Well, well, this all seems very interesting at the moment. Indeed if I was allowing myself to get carried away with all this I�d say that �something was happening� though I have no idea what I could be meaning by that and I don�t want to induce melodrama in myself or others �though this is easier said than done as I note from rereading what I have written.Furthermore I don�t know how much sense it makes to ask questions like �what does 47/23/whatever mean?� What is clear is that these phenomena suggest themselves in a pseudo linguistic way that makes them seem like they must have a meaning, but then the meaning is absolutely resistant to anything we understand by meaning.

        To pursue that thread of happeningness in all its limited sense, I have to say I am currently experiencing a high degree of synchronicity with matters in general of which the 47 is clearly part. What is further synchronicitous to me is that suddenly the group here is talking about synchronicity and has had Wilson and 23ness mentioned for the first time �since I joined, though I have seen not much if any mention in the archives. This all suggests to me that whatever has been involving me in things to a greater extent recently is not just going for me. I didn�t really think it was but its nice to see it manifesting itself so vigorously here.

        On the mathematical front I have some thing I want to show you. To qualify this as synchronicity I want you to bear in mind the following. I) that prior to this I had only 47 as a number II) in looking at a boeing 747 one day I became aware how much it seemed to ring true that it was like a chain as  if there ought to be another 4 following III) on days subsequent to this I read something in some numerology book that said �the highest incarnation of a number is itself squared with the composite integers added together�. Now I don�t know what it means to say �the highest incarnation of a number� or even why squaring should reveal it let alone the adding together bit, but nevertheless this is what happens if you do that to our number system:

        1*1=1

        2*2=4

        3*3=9

        4*4=16, 1+6=7

        5*5=25, 2=5=7

        6*6=36, 3+6=9

        7*7=49, 4+9=13, 1+3=4

        8*8=64, 6+4=10, 1+0=1

        9*9=81, 8+1=9

        Now look at this, what is most obvious is that 4=7 and 7=4, but furthermore it doesn�t take a genius to work out that the pattern never stops, that unlike 1 and 8 which both become 1 and stay that way, or 3, 6 and 9 which all become and endless 9,  2, 4, 5, 7 all turn into a chain of endless 4 then 7, one engenders (dare I say it �creates� the other) it is because of this that I always tend to write it as

        to get across the sense that it is neither one number or the other.

        As I�m sure many of you will appreciate, to discover this after having that previous intuition was fairly odd to take in. I�m not saying that I don�t think 47 is a thing, that its just pointing to the pattern I�ve uncovered, I think both of them are related to each other in whatever it is that�s going on here, I would go further to say that it seems to me �and has done for a long time now- that it is the shape that is also important, the fact that they do synthesise so neatly into that infinity type symbol. If any of you are thinking that its just plain daft to think the symbols themselves might be connected to the phenomenon I would ask you to reflect for a moment on what you�re already involved in and the level of daftness already bestowed upon you by most people. Furthermore I did happen across something which synchronistically suggests a similar thing (clearly there�s nothing new in what I�m saying about symbols here; given there is no such thing as coincidence what exactly would it be for the symbols to be arbitrary/unrelated). Look at Crowley�s book of law part three:

        �AL III,47: This book shall be translated into all tongues: but always with the original in the writing of the Beast; for in the chance shape of the letters and their position to one another: in these are mysteries that no Beast shall divine. Let him not seek to try: but one cometh after him, whence I say not, who shall discover the Key of it all. Then this line drawn is a key: then this circle squared in its failure is a key also. And Abrahadabra. It shall be his child & that strangely. Let him not seek after this; for thereby alone can he fall from it.�

        Clearly it is the reference to �even the chance shape of the letters and their position�� that struck me as significant �along with the 47 of course. I think it would be very na�ve of any one to say �yes but that only applies to the book of law�. If �and I don�t actually think its going to be ever possible to tell one way or the other which is interesting in itself- this isn�t just law of averages+ reality selection then this this process/phenomenon whatever it is, is always in being, its not somewhere else some of the time, and really to treat it all as seriously �going on� one might begin to wonder �given that its only from a human view point anyway- quite how �realistic� pictures of the earth as a unified whole spinning sphere actually are. As I think it says in the Cosmic Trigger somewhere �whole new ball game�.

        Incidentally, I would advise everyone in this group to read that book, not because it reveals some brilliant truth, but because it gives a sense of the level at which this business potentially �almost necessarily- goes, further it presents an incredible corroboration to some of the things you may already have thought and also will acquaint you with the 23 phenomenon, something very interesting in itself.

        More number fun still to come

        Thanks for listening

        MM

        Do you Yahoo!?