not saying it's too bad but

  • Jim Mccallum
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2012
      From NY Times today re "homeland security efforts, which cost $470 billion in federal money"

    • Stephen LaRosa
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2012
        --- In 47society@yahoogroups.com, Jim Mccallum <jim.mccallum@...> wrote:

        > From NY Times today re "homeland security efforts, which cost $470 billion
        > in federal money"

        This number has been appearing in the media so much lately! I suppose no one has mentioned Romney's 47%ers simply because they expected someone else would mention it? And then during the 3rd debate it was stated that both candidates were deadlocked each at 47%! Though that number changed it was a bit bizarre to see their images side-by-side each with the number 47 underneath them as the major news networks introduced the event.

        http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-21/romney-tied-with-obama-at-47-in-latest-nbc-wsj-poll.html

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpKgmRTYl1U&feature=watch_response

        The number is everywhere lately.
      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012

          The number is everywhere lately.

        • Crezia
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
            I saw one of these a while ago in a feature about a family who were mysteriously gunned to death in their car in the Alps. Two of the victims, a grandmother and her daughter were aged 74 and 47...