47

  • lollipopluver66
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 24, 2009
      I have been sighting the number 47 every where. I found this society online while trying to find the possible meaning of this number. It all started with this boy i liked who's football jersey number was 47. Before I knew his name, I would refer to him as "47". I became close with him until he graduated. The following school year, I added this football player on face book that goes to my school and he started texting me because he liked me and ironically while at the football game, I found out his jersey number was 47. I wonder who will get it next year!
      As the school year went on, I started noticing the number 47 everywhere else. Mainly on clocks. During class, when I looked at the clock it would always be at a moment where the minutes were "47". When I would look at my phone, the minutes would be "47". Or on the car clock. When I was playing a computer game, I noticed "47 tiles left". When I am driving outside I would see it on signs, or on t.v. And I wondered why the heck I always see it, but it never scared me, it would actually make me smile and make me remember my crush from last year. This society makes more of it though and I can't understand why. How did this start? What does it mean? Do you sight this number as much as I do?
    • Kevin Cooper
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 24
        Very good Davey :)
        Happy birthday for tomorrow :))
        My birthday is Feb 16th... think about it... what number day of the year is that??? - something I only realised (courtesy of a friend I told about the 47 thing) about 5 years after I started noticing very weird reccurences of the number 47 in my life...
        I am a teacher and I have spooked a number of my classes through 47 occurrences happening in front of them... eg last week a student asked me out of the blue if I'd had any 47 occurrences recently... I told them about one involving mobile phones [cell phones in US] (too complicated to explain here), and held up my mobile phone as a visual aid - they gasped and said "look at it Sir!!" - because unbeknown to me the phone time was showing, nice and large, 09.47... :D
        I am not generally into this sort of para-normal stuff (I am a geologist by training!!), but I just can't escape it's reality in my life, over and over again...