47 In Video Gaming.

  • elvencloud
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      I finally got around to finishing the top rated First person shooter,
      Half Life 2. Since I beat that, I thought it a perfect time to start
      the sequel, Half Life 2: Episode One.
      After the opening cutscene, you are covered in rubble and start with
      an amazing... 47 health.

      Oh, and I just bought a used car, and when I got in, it had 4.7 miles
      on the trip meter.

      47's are everywhere.
      Cheers,
      John M.
    • dixie143uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
        At the start of Half Life 1, you are riding on a train and there is a
        voice welcoming you to Black Mesa. It informs you that the surface
        temperature is 47 Degrees.

        --- In 47society@yahoogroups.com, "elvencloud" <elvencloud@...> wrote:

        > I finally got around to finishing the top rated First person shooter,
        > Half Life 2. Since I beat that, I thought it a perfect time to start
        > the sequel, Half Life 2: Episode One.
        > After the opening cutscene, you are covered in rubble and start with
        > an amazing... 47 health.
        >
        > Oh, and I just bought a used car, and when I got in, it had 4.7 miles
        > on the trip meter.
        >
        > 47's are everywhere.
        > Cheers,
        > John M.

      • elvencloud
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
          That's right! I totally forgot about that. I heard there is a 47
          reference in Portal. I will do some investigation ;)