Japan

  • Levine
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
      This just in from one of my students:

      Japan is divided into forty-seven administrative divisions
    • Christian Schumann-Curtis
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
        Message
        Japan is divided into forty-seven administrative divisions

        I'm going to guess that's related to Japan's "47 Ronin" thing http://www.samurai-archives.com/ronin.html.
      • Christian Schumann-Curtis
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
          Message
          Read Edda's dialogue carefully:  That's 5 + 42 people, or 47 total.

        • Gedankenreise@gmx.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
            There are 47 like those one anywhere, for example I once saw a highway sign with 3 destinations on it and the distance in kilometres and I added them together in mind to see if it will be147 and it was so.

            -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 18:37:53 -0700
            Von: "Christian Schumann-Curtis" <bluesky@...>
            An: 47society@yahoogroups.com
            Betreff: [47] Oblique 47 cartoon

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
              And I red that a train in France made a new highspeed record, it was 574,7 km/h.
              And I had again a lot sightings at work, 47 in streetnumbers, alone standing ones and so on, came home from work at 3:47 am, ate something and got into the living room at 4:07 am.

              -------- Original-Nachricht --------
              Datum: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 04:19:58 +0200
              Von: Gedankenreise@...
              An: 47society@yahoogroups.com
              Betreff: Re: [47] Oblique 47 cartoon

              Datum: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 18:37:53 -0700
              Von: "Christian Schumann-Curtis" <bluesky@...>
              An: 47society@yahoogroups.com

              Read Edda's dialogue carefully:  That's 5 + 42 people, or 47 total.