Re: [47] An anniversary of a sighting...

  • In2SLAYER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2006
       Thats funny....I'm a beilever of "47" and I work for Warren and PANZER Engineers.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2006
        Today is December 22, 2006, the 64th anniversary of the legendary German demand that the 101st
        Airborne Division, surrounded at Bastogne, surrender the town. The American reply to the demand
        is, of course, the single word, "Nuts!" which has justifiably gone down in American military lore.

        ---

        Almost everything is a synchronicity today. This one spills over to yesterday but I know of this
        battle fairly well - as much as anyone born after 1947 can. General McAuliff made the famous
        response. The synchronicity was that my son was flipping channels yesterday, and for some reason
        stopped o na stupid game show and the questions was to do with what famous battle had such and
        such? I knew the answer the Normandy invasion but I SAID, "The Battle of the Bulge" for some
        reason. They said the answer, Normandy before I could correct my lack of superior knowledge to my
        son and they said "Normandy" which of course I couldn't convince my son that I knew the actual
        correct answer. heh

        http://mail.yahoo.com