[47] Re: the meaning of 47

  • Doug Hafen
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 1, 2006
      The meaning of the 47s may be personal and personally interpretable to
      some extent. For me is that 47 and the constant 47- related things
      that occur are a reminder to rejoice and to be jubilant. It is also a
      signal that indeed there is order in this otherwise seemingly mixed up
      world.
    • Slow
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 2, 2006
        Doug: ... a reminder to rejoice and to be jubilant. It is also a signal that indeed there is order
        in this otherwise seemingly mixed up
        world.

        Slow: So I take it you have had positive experiences related to this number? I would say that my
        experiences hav e been neutral to positive to use those labels. Some people have reported
        seemingly negative experiences associated with 47 but from a small informal poll a while back, I
        think most people have reported positive experiences with it.

        Also, it is interesting that you relate the number to orderliness of the world. Most people
        report frustration of the seemingly nonsensical ways in which they encounter 47. Where do you see
        the orderliness? My own belief is that seeing 47's more than other numbers represents something
        non random but not necessarilly orderly - on the surface. It is when one relates the occurance to
        other things is where it starts to become more interesting. However, it is sometimes (for me and
        I think to many others) very difficult to corellate the appearance of 47's to other "effects." I
        wonder what would happen if everyone focused as to the meaning of 47 without inserting any
        preconcieved notions? I have my own notions from some past experiences but like you say, those
        might be personal interpretations.

        (http://voice.yahoo.com)
      • Daniel Klein
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 2, 2006
          I rather think, that it is something, we need to search a sense in it and that we cannot quite explain or find a sense. It´s what we make of it, but that is so with everything else. But maybe it´s just this, what we should be reminded of, that we have it in our own hands and that we can build something with them, that we can move something, although it seems not like.
          For me it´s sometimes disturbing to see 47 all arround me, I´m asking myself, if my mind doesn´t play a trick with me.
          I know that i searched answer. A big answer and now it´s like I found it and don´t know what to do with it. But I also think, that it has a positive meaning, I´m willing to think so.

          -------- Original-Nachricht --------
          Datum: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:20:04 -0800 (PST)
          Von: Slow <slowman1000001@...>
          An: 47society@yahoogroups.com
          Betreff: [47] Re: the meaning of 47

          --
          GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
          NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 5, 2006
            Hello everybody,

            It has been a while since my last posting to the society, but i needed to reply to this question: "what is the meaning of 47?"

            If you ask me, the answer to this question is more important than the 47 sightings them self. I think you could say this: you can find a "internal" or "external" reason why we see it. With the internal reason i mean is there a "psychological" reason why we see it, with the external reason i mean is it the physical environment around ""telling us something"..maybe it is a communication method of some advanced alien society..who would say i am wrong :-)

            The way i see it you could also say that there are 2 sorts of 47 sightings : "primary sightings" and "secondary sightings".
            With primary sightings i mean the sightings that you "get" and not looking for ; here is an example: you look at the clock and the time is XX:47..we all had that experience, right?

            With secondary sightings i mean when you start looking for "47" for example.. your looking in a book or a number list trying to find something that you can connect to 47.
            So a brief summary:
            the way i see it you could classify 4 types of 47 sightings:
            - primary
            - secondary
            reasons of noticing 47:
            -internal
            - external

            What do you think about my "method" of seeing 47?

            Tommy

            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 5, 2006
              Hi,

              I find the fact, that most of us see tue xx: 47 time interesting. I also thought about that.
              I went through the possibilities and made see theses.
              I think maybe it could be some  kind of hidden signal that comes from the clock inside.
              But this would relate, that there is some high tech in use, that we don´t know from.
              That already sounds kind of wacky, but it´s just a trying to find an explanation.
              And  to consider, that we all see this this strange sightings relativates it.
              But it is Not only the clock, where we see the sightings but also in the speedometer and the counter of the miles/ kilometres, I don´t know how it´s called in englisch sorry.
              That would involve that this signal is in every digital ob electrical system.
              But this all seems to me rather illogical, but so does the 47 itself.
              But I sometimes try to decide to Look at the clock consciously, to see if i see the 47 and I mostly see it.
              But I think I can only see it consciously, if I have good intentions-, I don´t know how to explain that.

              Daniel

              -------- Original-Nachricht --------

              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 7, 2006
                Tom:
                the way i see it you could classify 4 types of 47 sightings:
                - primary
                - secondary
                reasons of noticing 47:
                -internal
                - external

                What do you think about my "method" of seeing 47?

                Slow:
                That is a good way of classifying. I think it can be broken down a bit more as well but it gets
                complicated.

                For example, you provide an example of a clock sighting as being primary but a clock sighting can
                also be secondary [as you have defined it] since you might be cojnsciously or unconsciously
                looking at the clock. A better example may be when you are driving and some idiot pulls out in
                front of you and almost causes an accident and then you notice a license plate with 47 on it.
                Then there are the multiple sightings inwhich you might see two 47 license plates side by side
                parked in front of you where you are waiting to pick up someone. then a minute later, driving
                this person home, you see a yellow school bus with an Id number or 47 tehn you see a bunch of 5's
                and 55's which you relate to eagles, then see an eagle being chased by some smaller birds until it
                finally lights atop a light pole and then wonder of the synchronicity of things and then look down
                from the top of the pole so you don't cause a car accident and immediately see a car passing you
                with a license plate of BJJ 047.

                That ahppenned to me yesterday and although one of the more involved multiple back to back 47
                sightings, it is not an uncommon thing. Now back ot the more important question. why?

                In this case, I am going with Gene's hypothesis that the 47 is a marker to be paying attention to
                things. I'm not goign to go into all the stuff of 5's and eagles and how that is synchronistic
                for me lately because, it is boring to all but me. However, anyone can have their own
                synchronistic sequences if they desire. Thoughts do manifest into physical reality. Whatever
                "reality" means... :)

                Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                Access over 1 million songs.
                http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
              • Slow
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 7, 2006
                  Daniel:
                  But it is Not only the clock, where we see the sightings but also in the speedometer and the
                  counter of the miles/ kilometres, I don´t know how it´s called in englisch sorry.

                  That would involve that this signal is in every digital ob electrical
                  system. But this all seems to me rather illogical, but so does the 47 itself.

                  Slow:
                  The device is called an odometer in english and 47 shows up quite frequently there seemingly
                  randomly at times, other times very synchronistically at times.

                  The 47 effect is not just limited to electrical devices though. most odometers are mechanical.
                  Licensplates and phone numbers and such aren't electrical so, there is probably another mechanism
                  at work in my opinion. Something that transcends time-space as we think of it in waking physical
                  reality. If we were dreaming, we wouldn't find these odd impossible things erallythat out of the
                  ordinary since we kind of expect dreams to operate that way. What if waking life is actually a
                  very specific type of dream? ...

                  http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                • Jessica Hansen
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 7, 2006
                    this is gonna be weird, but sometime I think that it's the 47 that finds me.  Like I just sense that it's there and look at the clock.  I mean I have been seeing it all over lately.  On the address thing on the web pages there is usually a string of numbers and I can find a 47 there almost everytime I look.  Like right now:
                    http://us.f561.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?box=47&MID   there is more, but it was way long.  Okay those I look for, but I didn't start looking until I was drawn up there and had seen it a bunch of time, now I look, but it used to just draw me up there!!!

                    Slow <slowman1000001@...> wrote:
                    Daniel:
[...]

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                    http://new.mail. yahoo.com

                  • Daniel Klein
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 7, 2006
                      I´ am in a forum and I just red a message by a girl, that posted something at 7:47 and her number of postings is 47. I´m in fotocommunity and I always see people there, who have got 47 photos uploaded.
                      For me it´s sometimes a guide, if I do the right thing. I sometimes ask myself, am I doing right? And as the answer comes the 47, for example, when I look at my watch, or on my winamp, where I randomly adjust my volume and it often stops at 47%. I could tell you thousands of examples, but you already know that as well...

                      @slow, you´re right, many or most odometers are mechanical, so it can´t be that there is a digital signal in it. And the other sightings on accounts for example in any case.
                      I just was buying food last saturday and the woman before me had to pay 47 something euros. Before that I was standing before the corn and there was standing, that the net content is 47 grams.
                      License plates, Is also an often possibility to see it.
                      I had a strange happening last week as I drove to work. I don´t know why, but as a car passed me by, I thought, what if the devil himself sit´s in this car and as it overtook me I saw the license plate. 666 Was on it. No joke. Made me feel uncomfortable.

                      Your basic approach is interesting. The buddhists do think, that this world is an illusion. But it´s just a point of view. If we live, if we feel and we think, then this is real to me. Very simple.
                      I try to go on with that later, I have to go to work now.

                      Greets,
                      Daniel

                      -------- Original-Nachricht --------

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 8, 2006
                        Daniel:
                        I had a strange happening last week as I drove to work. I don´t know why,
                        but as a car passed me by, I thought, what if the devil himself sit´s in
                        this car and as it overtook me I saw the license plate. 666 Was on it. No
                        joke. Made me feel uncomfortable.

                        Your basic approach is interesting. The buddhists do think, that this world
                        is an illusion. But it´s just a point of view. If we live, if we feel and
                        we think, then this is real to me. Very simple.
                        I try to go on with that later, I have to go to work now.

                        Slow:
                        I'm not goign to get into all sorts of quantum mechanics details. One of teh main premises being
                        considered by many is the Bohm version which consideres everythign connected and coming from an
                        intricate order which is unseen. Sounds mystical but the results of experiments trying to
                        decipher quantum mechanics often seem mystical. I don't just see 47's but other numbers and words
                        which pop out for periods of time or in the manner you saw the 666. If this thing with the 666
                        just happened one time, you could strike it up to coincidence. But when it happens twice if not
                        three times - if not tens of times, then you start to wonder if you can push those coincidences
                        into winning the lottery. For some reason, that is hard to do - win the lottery - but not gettign
                        strings of those "coincidences" or as Jung would label them, synchronicities.

                        As for what is an illusion and what is real - consider dreams you have and black holes. What is
                        more real to YOU: the dream you had last night and remember fairly well, or a black hole which no
                        regular human at this time has ever seen , nor have regular scientists seen? Most take on faith
                        that black holes are real but dreams are somehow less real. "I" know what I dreamt so that is
                        more real to my perspective. Not saying black holes are not real, just that at this moment in
                        time I have more evidence that dreams are real.

                        What if our reality is IN our minds? Neo in the Matrix found the holographic mind simulation he
                        lived in very real until he took the blue pill. What if these 47's are signs from a different
                        part of our minds which are showing us some breaks in some different realities? 47's might be
                        fairly non threatening learning aids. A lot less threatening than discovering ET camping in your
                        back yard....

                        Sponsored Link

                        Mortgage rates near historic lows:
                        $150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms
                        https://www2.nextag.com/
                      • Judy s
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 8, 2006
                          A reply to Daniel and Slow:

                          Daniel mentions seeing 666 and Slow (Rich) mentioned
                          5s in another post. Daniel sees the 666 as being
                          attached to the "devil" while Slow sees 5s as meaning
                          "eagles".

                          Interesting as triple digit numbers are all multiples
                          of 37. 37 is half of 74 which is 47 reversed.
                          666 = 18x37 (or 9x74)
                          555 = 15x37

                          I see 555 as being related to DREAMS as that is the
                          page number that DREAM is on in the dictionary (the
                          big Webster's with 2347 pages)
                          Slow also talked about dreams in a couple of posts.

                          666 to me is FATE, as that is the page FATE is on in
                          the dictionary. I don't see the devil in 666 as I
                          don't believe in the existence of evil spirit
                          creatures. I believe spirits exist, but they are
                          neutral; there is no evil in the spirit world, evil is
                          in our own minds and is a figment of our imagination.
                          Religion has used the idea of evil and the devil to
                          control people's lives.
                          Judy
                          1347

                          "...You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should..."
                          from DESIDERATA by Max Ehrmann 1927(41x47)

                          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                        • gene ladner
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 8, 2006
                            So, 666 was being a problem? Try multiplying 666 X 4 and then 666 X 7 and see what the result is. You might be a little surprised.    Gene247

[...]

                            $200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info
                          • Daniel Klein
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 8, 2006
                              Slow: >> I don't just see 47's but other numbers and words
                              which pop out for periods of time or in the manner you saw the 666. <<

                              The thing wich the 666 is, if I only saw it unpaired, I would say it is coincidence, or I would´nt eben mention it. But in Kontext wich my thoughts about the debil and the Relation of 666 to him, I wouldn´t strike it to coincidence. Apart from not believing in coincidence anymore.

                              A time ago I was able to predict some numbers, I don´t know how but wich some numbers it worked. I thoughts about winning the lottery tot, but I can´t predict them anymore. I thing we can´t take Advantage of tose thing in that way like winning mich money.

                              Your example wich the blackholes seems to be clean, I often make the same comparison as you, when I Talk about unbelievable stuff like that. When we just go into astrophysics, then we find lots of fantastic sounding theories, that sounds a bit like spinning to tose, who got no concept of thing the difficult and complex themes and Terms. Nobody ever saw a black hole, it´s only Theorie, but the scientists are concerned about it. About god there is no formula, but the pople believe in him.
                              The comical thing is, the pople want to believe in god, but They don´t believe in wonders.

                              >> part of our minds which are showing us some breaks in some different realities? 47's might be
                              fairly non threatening learning aids. A lot less threatening than discovering ET camping in your
                              back yard.... <<

                              I often think  about that too. I mean now that I know about 47, I consider that a lot more of Rater unbelievable think are possible. The only thing that could convince my of the oppsite, is if it comes out, that the 47 thing is a big joke thing… but where it all arround appears, it´s almost impossible, that it is just inscened by someone, rather by something…
                              I thoughts that when it´s god, who wants to tell us something, then wouldn´t it be a better way, to give us rather subliminal Sygns, then just appears and say hello. I think I would decidedly doubt my mind, If he would. And I would too, if ET came down and camped in my backyard.

                            • Slow
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 9, 2006
                                Judy:
                                I see 555 as being related to DREAMS as that is the
                                page number that DREAM is on in the dictionary (the
                                big Webster's with 2347 pages)
                                Slow also talked about dreams in a couple of posts.

                                666 to me is FATE, as that is the page FATE is on in
                                the dictionary. I don't see the devil in 666 as I
                                don't believe in the existence of evil spirit
                                creatures. I believe spirits exist, but they are
                                neutral; there is no evil in the spirit world, evil is
                                in our own minds and is a figment of our imagination.
                                Religion has used the idea of evil and the devil to
                                control people's lives.

                                Slow:
                                Thanks for reminding me of the 555 association with dreams. I keep forgetting that one but I
                                shouldn't as it manifests that way quite a bit. I hadn't heard this association with 555 when a
                                foster child we had was talking about some interesting dreams he had and I also had some I was
                                relating to him and also were seeing 555's around - in addition to 47's. Just as we were driving
                                in the car talking about some dreams, a car plate with xxx 555 was right in front of us. We
                                thought that was intersting but forgot about it until we went into a little shop called Toneeke's
                                Mystical Garden and right when we wee about to leave, I told the proprietor (who is an intuitive)
                                that we were seeing 555's. She knew about the 47's as well. She immediately said, "it represents
                                dreams. " Now, if I had read that association in a book or someone told me about it, it would be
                                harder for me to accept.

                                As for 666, I agree with Judy. That number is maligned. Lots of stuff gets maligned by humans.
                                Ever think about how many negative associations there are vs. positive associations for ANYTHING?

                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 11, 2006
                                  Here is something which came to me via another mailing list. No source was cited and I couldn't
                                  find the original article via searching. It does reiterate the heaven/deity = 7 and
                                  earth/physical = 4 concept. I included all the 11 combinaitons in case they are of interest to
                                  some. Not saying any of this inforamtion is true or not.

                                  ---

                                  THE GATES OF 11:11

                                  29/11...38/11. .. 47/11... 56/11... 65/11... 74/11... 83/11... 92/11
                                  Channeled by Gillian MacBeth-Louthan

                                  Within the vibration and sequence of the number eleven and the 11:11 Gateway
                                  lives a de-light-full smorgasbord of experiences. Each dish is designed to
                                  offer one food for thought into a maze of learning. Tasting new energies
                                  seems wonderful to those that seek the thrill ride of enlightenment.

                                  Tools for transformation are not always what they seem as one stumbles
                                  through the lightless Light to find a friendly shade of gray. 11:11 in all
                                  of its glory is an Initiation beyond what can be seen and felt. It demands
                                  100% of your attention as it makes its way through your veins and life.
                                  Within it lives biochemical encodings that house a dormant DNA configuration

                                  All gates of 11:11 depart at the same time sequence since linear time is
                                  neither here nor there. Even though certain aspects of the 11:11 encodings
                                  place themselves at the top of the super luminary chain of events all layers
                                  of the 11 are seen and felt through time sequences of earthly incarnations.
                                  Thus even though the sacred sequences below hold dates that have pasted, the
                                  effect and affect of that energy is still being processed on a biological
                                  level.

                                  29/11 GATEWAY
                                  Watching of ones words is animated within the structure of 29/11. The power
                                  within the word and how one chooses to use it. Speaking problems and
                                  solutions in and out of existence. Balancing positive thought creation with
                                  doubt and confusion. Wanting to finish but sometimes afraid to start. The
                                  lungs the heart and the throat hold the vibrations of 29/11 stresses and
                                  strains in manifestation or creation is seen in these areas.

                                  The volcano holds its tongue until it is ready to let go in fullness.
                                  Learning to hold ones power via the spoken word until it is ready to birth
                                  at a higher vibration. Using your heart and head as the Creator would.
                                  Knowing ALL THOUGHTS COUNT! Believing absolutely in your ability to create.
                                  Divine certainty on a DNA level.

                                  38/11 GATEWAY
                                  The holiness within the trinity (3) moves into the never-ending creation of
                                  infinity. Going beyond space and time as a defining area. The field of
                                  possibility expands into places and planes yet to be seen by the eye in the
                                  sky. The votes are in and counted. Who believes and who has replaced belief
                                  with a cloudy vision on a sunny day? who still clings to the blood sweat and
                                  tears tale of human toil and trouble? The scales of light tip as the
                                  populace believes and unbelieves, shifting outcomes over and over again.

                                  38/11 demands a higher potential and unlimited possibly be reached. It
                                  demands that the higher power that guides humanity be revealed and come out
                                  from behind the curtain of time. Creation demands acknowledgement everyday
                                  until it becomes fully materialized. Gateways of the past and future are
                                  accessed within the hidden sequence of proof positive.

                                  47/11 GATEWAY
                                  This sacred vibration teaches one to believe in what cannot be seen, but
                                  only known. 47/11 comes through the heart not allowing anything to sway it
                                  from the destined path of enlightenment. The four representing all that is
                                  of earth and material, dances and tries to seduce the seven out of his holy
                                  place.

                                  Material beckons and calls to all that is holy. Only by acknowledging the
                                  God within all things will we make it through this teaching vibration. What
                                  calls is only fleeting and not worth losing the holiness one has accrued.
                                  Discipline is needed to keep peace of mind and keep one from drowning within
                                  circumstance. When Divinity dons her full costume of light one realizes
                                  there are no needs... for all needs are fluid and able to fulfill themselves
                                  Pass thru this gate with a deep knowing.

                                  56/11 GATEWAY
                                  Humanity seeks the keys to total completed awareness through this sacred
                                  portal number. Hallways are exposed to all that are dimensionally astute.
                                  Scales shift into a new definition of balance as the new formation of light
                                  plays with the balance of sacred time. Experiences quicken as the
                                  incarnational day shortens. Several lives are experienced within one,
                                  shortening the need for reincarnation on earth.

                                  Christ hood is sought on a planet that has never allowed themselves to
                                  experience that. Needs are met vibrationally before the matter can can rise
                                  to a new day. Global awareness shifts with this sacred configuration.

                                  74/11 GATEWAY
                                  Standing at the narrow threshold of transformation heavenly (#7) searches
                                  for what is earthy (#4). Time for the Light to get off of its high horse and
                                  come on down to earth. Observation is needed to be felt as the Light looks
                                  at life and all of its teachings and learning. Enjoy earth and her
                                  heavenliness without succumbing to any entrapment escapades. Knowing one is
                                  of a higher sharper cut and experience life without losing your edge of
                                  light.

                                  Negativity grows fast on earth, fed by the systemic seeds of doubt that
                                  linger in a human's genetic DNA. Hope can become an endangered species if
                                  not cared for. If you had one month to light the fires of your life how
                                  would you use it?? How are you spending your life light?? Hope needs the
                                  fertilization of your believe system to survive the seasons of earth.

                                  83/11 GATEWAY
                                  The DNA spiral grows restless and seeks a doorway of expansion through the
                                  sacred encoding of 83/11. Redefining and regenerating the living light is
                                  demanded of this sequence. Renewal on all levels of being and living.
                                  Releasing the fear of any outcome on any level. Being comfortable in your
                                  creations. Entering the library of all thoughts that are affecting the
                                  biological and bio-luminary aspect of humanness.

                                  Purifying through love and wisdom changing the consciousness of the cell
                                  structure. Pointing them towards actively pursuing a higher knowledge beyond
                                  earth based awareness. New information is then bio-chemically realized which
                                  changes the blood template. Oneness is achieved bio-electrically allowing
                                  active awareness to be issued to all inner and outer dialogue and thoughts.
                                  Thus changing the en-titled tables past seasons and logic.

                                  92/11 GATEWAY
                                  Earth is a planetary home for a group of entities that are destined for
                                  greatness beyond their awareness. The announcement of 92/11 asks one to
                                  embrace the thought of GREATNESS, without anything attached to it. God is
                                  seen face to face in the reflection of ones deeds and thoughts.

                                  This sacred encoding asks what God do you worship and do you believe there
                                  is more light beyond the level of God that you are aligned with at this
                                  time?? Light was birthed to become more. Seeking more Light, more God, more
                                  truth beyond the highest thought of God and Light you can have. Standing at
                                  the threshold of immediate change and shift in alliance with every expanded
                                  thought.

                                  Want to start your own business?
                                  Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                                  http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                                • Johanna-Hypatia Cybeleia
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 12, 2006
                                    LOL! This is precious. As a dancer I especially appreciate the imagery it conjured up. Thanks, I can't take it too seriously but it was a fun read.

                                    On 11/11/06, Slow < slowman1000001@...> wrote:

                                    47/11 GATEWAY
                                    This sacred vibration teaches one to believe in what cannot be seen, but
                                    only known. 47/11 comes through the heart not allowing anything to sway it
                                    from the destined path of enlightenment. The four representing all that is
                                    of earth and material, dances and tries to seduce the seven out of his holy
                                    place.
                                    When Divinity dons her full costume of light one realizes
                                    there are no needs... for all needs are fluid and able to fulfill themselves

                                    Well, this was a nice thought to take away from it. I do like to feel that way vis-a-vis existence. And I do know what it feels like when something "comes through the heart, not allowing anything to sway it..."
                                    But heck if I have the least idea of how these musings relate to the number 47.

                                    Love,
                                    Johanna
                                  • Johanna-Hypatia Cybeleia
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 12, 2006

                                      But heck if I have the least idea of how these musings relate to the number 47.

                                      I get the part about how 4 symbolizes the Earth - because of the 4 directions we use to orient ourselves on the Earth plane, and the traditional 4 material elements - and how 7 symbolizes Heaven - because of the traditional 7 planets and celestial spheres (and that they rhyme is a bonus). But the rest of the text did not seem to be organized around any coherent thesis. I would rather read the output of an organized mind -- less work for the reader. Critical thinking is a precious resource, only if we use it. I believe no one should venture into metaphysics without their critical thinking faculty in good working order.

                                      Johanna
                                    • Bob
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 22, 2007
                                        In Asia, 555 is considered a lucky number. I'm not sure why.

                                        In Thailand, the Thai language word for the number "5" is pronounced
                                        "ha" so when Thai people are chatting online and they want to show
                                        laughter, they don't write "LOL," they write "555" (ha ha ha).