More 47s

  • David H Lippman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
      1. Last night the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez hit his 47th home run of the season. In doing so, he broke the record for home runs by a right-hander, which was previously held by Joe DiMaggio.
      A-Rod is now leading the American League in home runs. The shot tied a 1-0 game, and the Yankees defeated the Orioles, 2-1.
      2. New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass resigned yesterday. He is 47 years old.

      Best, David H. Lippman
      "My intensity is intense." -- Roger Clemens

      [curator's note: A-Rod ended the season with 48, hitting the his last of the regular season on Saturday. Apparently your curator has been lazy. --e]
    • Christina Skodachek
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005

        I just finished watching movie for Spanish class - Women on the Verge of a Nervous Attack- with Antonio Banderas- and the cab number was 6-47-5.  When i got back home, there was a pop-up reminder for watching the movie and going to a meeting  which were 2 hrs, 47 minutes and 47 minutes overdue, respectively. FUN

        -tima47

        Yahoo! for Good
      • Judy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2008
          I read in the paper today that England had an earthquake that measured
          4.7 on the scale.

          This week I found out that the asteroid named BANTING is exactly
          conjunct the Sun & Mercury on my natal astrological chart at 12
          Sagittarius. This asteroid is # 43293. Why is this significant?
          I work in a building named BANTING, and the number 43293 is a multiple
          of 47.

          I just played a card game on the computer and got a score of 47, time
          1:41 (141 = 3x47) for $41 for a total of $8047

          Judy
          1347