Re: [40Whacks] (unknown)
There's no way you could get me to try to find and re-read Engstrom's book.
It was the pits.
1. Trip to barn: The cops had been there in June when someone stole some
of Lizzie's pigeons.
2. Emma, Chief instigator? Very unlikely. She catered to Lizzie. As for
her being a closet alcoholic? The cops would have found liquor in that
closet had there been any. A big fat no on that one.
3. Lizzie a multiple personality? If she had it, she sure as hell managed
to keep it from everyone. No sign of that either.
4. Lesbian? I hardly think that either. Not even with one woman.
Many claim Lizzie should have brought hay in on the hem of her dress. What
would that have proven? The cops had been all over the barn. They could
have brought some in the house on their shoes and Lizzie have the misfortune
to get some on hers if she'd walked where they had walked.
The amazing thing is her not having blood on her shoes. The cops with their
big feet could have gotten some on theirs and her walk where they had walked
and picked some up that way. But no blood was found on them.
Oh, I found someone who could be used as Andrew Borden's paramour. What
about Charles Cook, Borden's insurance agent? He was responsible for
collecting rents for Andrew and they spoke nearly every day.
Got to go now. Take care.
Author of Lizzie Borden Hands of Time
For more information
----- Original Message -----
From: kahclok2000 <mdhiggins86@...>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 6:35 PM
Subject: [40Whacks] (unknown)
> Hello everyone;
> One of the things i found really bizarre about Elizabeth Engstrom's
> book, was the absolute conviction which events were portrayed,
> despite the fact that a lot of it was bogus.For example, the author
> claims that Lizzie spent a lot of time in the hayloft in the barn,
> where she said she ate her pears, but as everyone knows, the Fall
> River police found no evidence of anyone being there in quite some
> time. The book however claims otherwise. Also the book paints Emma as
> the chief instigator in the murders, and a closet alcoholic!! Lizzie
> comes off as a woman with multiple personality disorder, and a
> lesbian, in love with two different women, maybe three!! Is there any
> substantiated evidence at all, proving she was a lesbian, or is that
> also bogus on the part of Elizabeth Engstrom?
> Thanks again, Mark
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
- Hi Patsy -- I think we're all still here. I was ready to comment on the latest "Dead Tenants" show which I did remember to watch after June's prompting, but it was pretty dumb this week. I do think if Ghost Hunters and Dead Tenants could be combined, it would be one great show.Pat