Re: A&E on Lizzie

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2002

      Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 11:34 AM
      Subject: A&E on Lizzie

      Sorry gang that I missed it.  Had two VCR's taping something else.  Someone mentioned Hunter's book about Lizzie and Bridget being lesbians and caught in the act by Abby.  Really?  If so, what happened to Bridget's window washing?  Especially if Mrs. Borden was killed after 9:30.  If Abby was killed ar 9:00, then it would work, seeing Bridget claimed she went out at 9:30 to start washing the windows.
      As for Victoria Lincoln: Lizzie being subject to epilepsy and killing during a brown-
      out.  I really loved her saying Lizzie never got mad enough again to have another brown-out.  No one ever saw Lizzie have another epilepsy fit either.
      Not wishing to go further in Victoria Lincoln, I'll end this episode by saying that "Bells" started ringing half a dozen times while reading her book.  Over the years, I found myself in possession of three copies of her book.  They all got shipped to New Hampshere, along with at least a dozen other books on Lizzie.

      Robert Sullivan:  His book was really good.  It's one flaw was that it was based on the trial testimonies only.  For sure it leaves Lizzie guilty as hell.  What about all the people who were not called?  Such as:  Porter:  He was sitting right there in the second row when Mrs. Reagan testified about the quarrel.  Knowlton didn't dare call him to the stand to verify her testimony.  The defense didn't dare call him lest he would do so.  They settled for discrediting the witnesses.

      As for Lizzie having to scrimp to buy a dress:  Why?  She and Emma were collecting about $30 a month in rent money for their grandfather's Twelfth Street house.  Add the $2 a week they got from their father.  That came to $46 a month.  Bridget was getting $3 a week, or $12 a month.  As for Lizzie being a shoplifter, that is a case of rumor turning into fact.  Shoplifters are not known to be violent.

      Patsy, there is a slim to none possibility that a stranger could have been hiding in the house waiting for Lizzie to go to the barn.  On August 4th, Lizzie told half a dozen people that she helped her father lay down, went to the barn and was gone not more than five minutes.  This excludes John Fleet.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2002
        Just for the record, I don't believe that anyone was hiding in the house between murders.  I believe Lizzie did it.  The only other explanation at all that may be a slim possibility is that Lizzie had someone do it, and aided them in the crime.  So that still makes her as guilty.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2002
          In a message dated 2/21/2002 2:39:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, Patsy751@... writes:

          Just for the record, I don't believe that anyone was hiding in the house between murders.  I believe Lizzie did it.

          I believe that too. And I'll add that I think Bridget had a passive role in it -- maybe knew about it, saw something, nothing active like participating, even with the clean up. I think Bridget knew way more than she was saying. I can't be more specific than that or point to evidence -- just my feelings on it.

          Pat in NY