"Paraphrasing"

  • Kathleen Chamberlain
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2001
      --- "Jeffrey K. Tesch" <jktesch@...> wrote:
      > Not surprised by Kent's "paraphrasing". I've found
      > numerous instances where
      > he's lifted entire passages from "Private Disgrace"
      > by Victoria Lincoln,

      In his absolutely dreadful book "Lizzie," Frank
      Speiring does the same things -- quotes Lincoln almost
      verbatim with no acknowledgement. In the college
      where I teach, such "paraphrasing" is called
      "plagiarism" and can bring a student an F. A few
      years back, it also helped cost Joe Biden a possible
      presidential nomination.

      Kathleen

      or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com