Lizzie books

  • Laura4991@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2001
      Hello again Lizzie-ites,

      Hm, a Lizzie book I haven't heard of?! "Miss Lizzie" by Walter
      Satterthwait sounds like a fun read. I looked it up on Amazon... the
      prices range from $250 to 400. NO I did not leave out the decimal.
      Two hundred and fifty bucks!!! Holy Cow!! It must be good. Buuuuut...
      my husband would surely have me committed.

      On that note, I wish more people who are well read in Lizzie lore
      would write Amazon reviews on Lizzie books. Amazon suckered me into
      buying "Lizzie Borden" by Elizabeth Engstrom and it was just
      **awful**. It was supposed to be a fictional account of the last 2
      years of Lizzie's life, but it is quite obvious the author did almost
      zero research. I expected to read some of the known facts about
      Lizzie (i.e. her rumored shoplifting; family/uncle problems; dad
      killing her pet birds) but instead I read about Lizzie getting dumped
      by her female lover and Emma the alcoholic gang rape victim... (WHAT
      IS THIS??? I'm thinking... I was yelling at the book when my husband
      came home from work. The book is an embarrassment to both author
      *and* reader!) So DON'T buy that book! (or buy it used & cheap at
      least)

      Anyhoo maybe I'll look for this "Miss Lizzie" book on inter-library
      loan.

      Laura