Laura

  • Jeffrey K. Tesch
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2001
      So nice to hear from a perceptive Lizzie-ite like Laura!

      Yes, of course Private Disgrace is the best book. Too many critics get
      bogged down with the epilepsy thing and some minor truth stretching.
      Lincoln cleaves right to the core of the case.

      I've said this many times - It's not a who-dunit? It's a why she did and
      how she got away with it. That's the fascinating mystery of the case!

      I just finished reading "Miss Lizzie" by Walter Satterthwait. It's a novel
      set in a 1921 seaside resort near Cape Code, where Lizzie turns detective
      and helps a young girl solve her stepmother's murder (strangely similar to
      Abby's killing). Of course, everyone suspects Lizzie but the young girl,
      and they both work together to expose the real killer.

      Sort of a guilty pleasure, but I loved it. Plenty of excellent insight into
      the post murder "Lizbeth" phase, which I am currently researching. And of
      course the solution to the Borden murders as well.

      I recommend it to the group. A good mystery to curl up with on a cold
      weekend. And Lizzie to boot!

      JT from Cincy