helloooooooo......

  • Laura4991@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2001
      Hi, I can see that the Lizzie Borden e-group has been quiet lately.
      Is everyone busy reading????

      I've been reading your old messages. I am glad to find other people
      who are mesmerized by this case. I have read at least a dozen books
      about Lizzie. The absolute all-time best is Victoria Lincoln's
      book, "A Private Disgrace." I just finished it (read it twice in one
      week, in fact). For the first time, so many things clicked into
      place.

      I think I'm fascinated with the case for a few reasons:
      1) I like true crime / serial killer stuff in general
      2) I am convinced she did it (it seems so Obvious!!) and I understand
      *why* she did it (to get control over her life).
      3) It engrosses me in part because the men who judged her at the time
      just didn't "get it" and that makes me feel a bit superior.

      My husband of course thinks I'm nuts. He thinks my Lizzie fetish is
      a "woman thing." I think he's right.
      Laura
    • Dave Radtke
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2001
        Tell your husband that your Lizzie fetish is not a woman thing.
        There are lot of us guys who are just as fascinated.

        I was on vacation a few years back and made my friends drive several miles
        out of our way to go visit the house! It was the highlight of my
        vacation.

        Has anyone else out there seen the Lizzie Borden dolls that have just come
        out?
        A company is marketing these little macabre dolls called "The Living Dead
        Dolls"
        Most are fictional, but they did make a Lizzie doll complete with her
        Victorian Dress is an axe.

        Its a must have for us Lizzie fans

        -Dave

      • RavenWays@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2001
          Hi Laura,
          Nice to have you here! The list has been kind of quiet lately.
          I read the Lincoln book a few years ago and to be truthful, I'm fairly
          doubtful of it's being the answer to the case...However, I am always up for a
          good debate, so if you are interested......
          Maybe we can get some other folks talking if we start.

          Raven (Colleen)
        • RavenWays@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2001
            In a message dated 11/22/2001 12:04:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            dave2000@... writes:

            > A company is marketing these little macabre dolls called "The Living Dead
            > Dolls"
            > Most are fictional, but they did make a Lizzie doll complete with her
            > Victorian Dress is an axe.
            >
            > Its a must have for us Lizzie fans

            I have seen the dolls and think they are great! I'd love to have one.

            Raven (Colleen)