Re: 1972 Wyoming?

  • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2001
      --- In 40Whacks@y..., "Jeffrey K. Tesch" <jktesch@c...> wrote:
      > What's really macabre about it is that I AM in that picture.

      Wait, don't tell me...

      You're the one whose tie is as wide as his 'fro... ;-)

      June
    • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2001
        --- In 40Whacks@y..., "Jeffrey K. Tesch" <jktesch@c...> wrote:
        > It was just OK. The Actress playing Emma looked 20 years younger
        >than the one playing Lizzie, even with her gray hair. And in this
        >version Lizzie is the mother figure while Emma is like a dreamy
        >child. Lizzie finally sends her back to Fairhaven after threatening
        >a lady reporter who had found the hatchet while interviewing the
        >sisters.

        Can't say that I've ever heard of this episode...

        But I'd wonder why a "lady reporter" was able to find evidence up a
        chimney when the police, who almost tore the house apart, could not...

        Which chimney? Surely not the one for the kitchen stove....

        > Interesting point: Emma claims that she hated Abby even more than
        >Lizzie,

        Probably true. Remember, Emma was about 12 when her mother died, and
        about 14 when Andrew remarried, while Lizzie was little more than an
        infant when her mother died and only about 2 years old when Abby came
        on the scene...

        Emma would have had a better memory of her natural mother, would have
        acted the role of mother to Lizzie and mistress of the house, if not
        actually 'wife' to Andrew (no sexual allegations implied)...

        Even birth mothers have problems with their children when they reach
        their teens...I'm sure that Abby found Emma quite cool towards her
        when Andrew married her...but I suspect that with Emma it was acted
        out in a passive-aggressive manner...with Lizzie as the go-between...

        By all accounts Abby was a pretty nice lady (although I suspect she
        wasn't the pushover that modern writers cast her as), and I don't
        believe two-year old Lizzie would have hated Abby from the start. I
        think that Lizzie probably had a pretty good relationship with Abby
        for most of the time, albeit with Emma playing her own passive-
        aggressive games on the sidelines...