1972 Wyoming?

  • Mord Geheimnis
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2001
    • Jeffrey K. Tesch
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2001
        What is the connection between 40 Whacks and a picture of the 1972 Class of Wyoming High School visiting with President Nixon pre Watergate?

        Who put this together?

        jt from cincinnati
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2001
          Thanks, JT, for asking that question. I just stared at it trying to figure
          out what I was missing.

          Patsy
        • Jeffrey K. Tesch
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5, 2001
            Patsy and group:

            What's really macabre about it is that I AM in that picture.

            Cue the "twilight zone" music......

            Mord - please identify yourself!

            jt from Cincy

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2001
              You're kidding, right?
              Patsy
            • Jeffrey K. Tesch
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 14, 2001
                Patsy and group.

                No I wasn't kidding...

                I would appreciate it if Lynn or someone running this group would identify
                this Mord person.

                And I'm not kidding.

                JT from Cincy

                Oh by the by:

                Finally saw the Alfred Hitchcock show called "The Other Sister". It's about
                the Borden case and postulates that Emma was the real killer. She hid the
                hatchet up the chimney (where Andrew also hid his money) with a bloody
                apron.

                It was just OK. The Actress playing Emma looked 20 years younger than the
                one playing Lizzie, even with her gray hair. And in this version Lizzie is
                the mother figure while Emma is like a dreamy child. Lizzie finally sends
                her back to Fairhaven after threatening a lady reporter who had found the
                hatchet while interviewing the sisters.

                Interesting point: Emma claims that she hated Abby even more than Lizzie,
                and that Andrew had abandoned them in spirit. Probably true on both counts.

                Overall I gave it a 6. Nice beat, easy to dance to.

                Anybody else seen it?

                JT from Cincy
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 15, 2001
                  Dear JT and Group,
                  I hope you are able to get to the bottom of that photo. You have to ask
                  yourself....what's the point here?

                  Anyway, it is easy to believe that Emma resented Abby more than Lizzie since
                  she was ten years older and saw her as an unwanted replacement for her mother.
                  That being said, I never got the feeling that Emma was in the know.

                  Patsy
                • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2 12:28 PM
                    --- In 40Whacks@y..., "Jeffrey K. Tesch" <jktesch@c...> wrote:
                    > What's really macabre about it is that I AM in that picture.

                    Wait, don't tell me...

                    You're the one whose tie is as wide as his 'fro... ;-)

                    June
                  • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2 12:47 PM
                      --- In 40Whacks@y..., "Jeffrey K. Tesch" <jktesch@c...> wrote:
                      > It was just OK. The Actress playing Emma looked 20 years younger
                      >than the one playing Lizzie, even with her gray hair. And in this
                      >version Lizzie is the mother figure while Emma is like a dreamy
                      >child. Lizzie finally sends her back to Fairhaven after threatening
                      >a lady reporter who had found the hatchet while interviewing the
                      >sisters.

                      Can't say that I've ever heard of this episode...

                      But I'd wonder why a "lady reporter" was able to find evidence up a
                      chimney when the police, who almost tore the house apart, could not...

                      Which chimney? Surely not the one for the kitchen stove....

                      > Interesting point: Emma claims that she hated Abby even more than
                      >Lizzie,

                      Probably true. Remember, Emma was about 12 when her mother died, and
                      about 14 when Andrew remarried, while Lizzie was little more than an
                      infant when her mother died and only about 2 years old when Abby came
                      on the scene...

                      Emma would have had a better memory of her natural mother, would have
                      acted the role of mother to Lizzie and mistress of the house, if not
                      actually 'wife' to Andrew (no sexual allegations implied)...

                      Even birth mothers have problems with their children when they reach
                      their teens...I'm sure that Abby found Emma quite cool towards her
                      when Andrew married her...but I suspect that with Emma it was acted
                      out in a passive-aggressive manner...with Lizzie as the go-between...

                      By all accounts Abby was a pretty nice lady (although I suspect she
                      wasn't the pushover that modern writers cast her as), and I don't
                      believe two-year old Lizzie would have hated Abby from the start. I
                      think that Lizzie probably had a pretty good relationship with Abby
                      for most of the time, albeit with Emma playing her own passive-
                      aggressive games on the sidelines...