Re: [40Whacks] Time and Alibis

  • YnrChyldzWyld
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30 11:15 AM

      >Even though Morse had an alibi for the time frame that Andrew was murdered,
      >why did
      the police not find it suspicious that he sat in the yard eating
      >pears, and not asking anyone what had happened?

      Apparently the Fall River PD were suspicious of Morse, enough so that they put a tail on him to see where he went and with whom he had dealings.  It was due to this 'tail' that Morse was able to be rescued from the mob outside the Borden house who attacked him when Morse went out the evening after the murders to 'mail a letter'.  The general public considered Morse the prime suspect too, which is why he was attacked by the mob...

      But it seems no one ever thought to check on just WHO Morse was so keen to communicate with, and just WHAT it was he communicated.

      But apparently Morse's "airtight" alibi, seeming lack of motive, and Lizzie's strange behavior and contradictory statements removed Morse as a suspect in the eyes of the police...

      Bravenet IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30 11:55 AM
        In a message dated 4/30/01 1:32:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Patsy751@...
        writes:

        << That's the exact reason why the Fall River Historical Society distances
        itself from the B & B. They were so afraid of a "tacky" slant. >>

        I wasn't aware of that, but now that I think about it, I sensed it. I only
        have one day that I was there to judge from --a Saturday in October -- but
        there were no casual visitors in our little group of seven or so people. I
        tend to be a purist about these things but the murder aspect of the house
        wasn't overdone -- just the crappy decor. Maybe if one of us wins Lotto,
        PowerBall, etc., we could do a better job with historical authenticity than
        is being done now.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30 3:54 PM
          In a message dated 04/30/2001 2:17:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          revcoal@... writes:

          << But it seems no one ever thought to check on just WHO Morse was so keen to
          communicate with, and just WHAT it was he communicated. >>

          I just finished reading "Yesterday In Old Fall River" by Paul Hoffman which
          gives a description of just about everyone involved in the case. I know I
          read something about who Morse posted the letter to so I will look it up.