Re: [40Whacks] Time and Alibis

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2001
      Even though Morse had an alibi for the time frame that Andrew was murdered,
      why did the police not find it suspicious that he sat in the yard eating
      pears, and not asking anyone what had happened? When he finally did go in
      the house, he was heard to be asking Lizzie, "Lizzie, what happened?" Maybe
      Abby was the only one that was on the hit list, and he was asking why Andrew
      was dead also????

      By the way last night on the Travel channel was a program called "The
      Creepiest
      Destinations in the World". LB's place made nunber one.

      Patsy

      P.S. Personal note to J.T. - THANKS FOR MANNY1
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2001
        In a message dated 4/30/01 11:22:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        Patsy751@... writes:

        << By the way last night on the Travel channel was a program called "The
        Creepiest
        Destinations in the World". LB's place made nunber one. >>

        I am not so much of a fanatic that I wanted to sleep there when I went, but I
        really do wish that they had kept the integrity of the original house more in
        tact. I can't blame the current owners for making it a B&B -- I sort of think
        of that as the price you pay to preserve the house.

        However I remember the tour started in the dining room where they had a
        number of pictures of pears hanging on the walls as a ha-ha joke about Lizzie
        eating the pears.

        The house could have been far creepier than it was in that I *wanted badly*
        to see the house as it was that day.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2001
          In a message dated 04/30/2001 1:14:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          PatriciaLu@... writes:

          << However I remember the tour started in the dining room where they had a
          number of pictures of pears hanging on the walls as a ha-ha joke about
          Lizzie
          eating the pears. >>

          That's the exact reason why the Fall River Historical Society distances
          itself from the B & B. They were so afraid of a "tacky" slant.

          Patsy
        • YnrChyldzWyld
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2001

            >Even though Morse had an alibi for the time frame that Andrew was murdered,
            >why did
            the police not find it suspicious that he sat in the yard eating
            >pears, and not asking anyone what had happened?

            Apparently the Fall River PD were suspicious of Morse, enough so that they put a tail on him to see where he went and with whom he had dealings.  It was due to this 'tail' that Morse was able to be rescued from the mob outside the Borden house who attacked him when Morse went out the evening after the murders to 'mail a letter'.  The general public considered Morse the prime suspect too, which is why he was attacked by the mob...

            But it seems no one ever thought to check on just WHO Morse was so keen to communicate with, and just WHAT it was he communicated.

            But apparently Morse's "airtight" alibi, seeming lack of motive, and Lizzie's strange behavior and contradictory statements removed Morse as a suspect in the eyes of the police...

            Bravenet IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2001
              In a message dated 4/30/01 1:32:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Patsy751@...
              writes:

              << That's the exact reason why the Fall River Historical Society distances
              itself from the B & B. They were so afraid of a "tacky" slant. >>

              I wasn't aware of that, but now that I think about it, I sensed it. I only
              have one day that I was there to judge from --a Saturday in October -- but
              there were no casual visitors in our little group of seven or so people. I
              tend to be a purist about these things but the murder aspect of the house
              wasn't overdone -- just the crappy decor. Maybe if one of us wins Lotto,
              PowerBall, etc., we could do a better job with historical authenticity than
              is being done now.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2001
                In a message dated 04/30/2001 2:17:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                revcoal@... writes:

                << But it seems no one ever thought to check on just WHO Morse was so keen to
                communicate with, and just WHAT it was he communicated. >>

                I just finished reading "Yesterday In Old Fall River" by Paul Hoffman which
                gives a description of just about everyone involved in the case. I know I
                read something about who Morse posted the letter to so I will look it up.