Douglas Book

  • Jeffrey K. Tesch
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
      Anybody out there!!!! You all whacked out!!!

      Just finished "The Cases that Haunt Us" by John Douglas, the FBI profiler
      dude.

      He breaks down Lindbergh, Jack the Ripper, Zodiac, Boston Strangler (it's
      not Albert DeSalvo), Jon Benet and the Borden Case among others.

      His verdict: Lizzie did it.

      Like I've been saying all along. Of course she did it.
      The real mystery is why she did it and how she got away with it.

      Just like OJ...

      JT from Cincinnati
    • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
        From: "Jeffrey K. Tesch" <jktesch@...>
        > He breaks down Lindbergh, Jack the Ripper, Zodiac, Boston Strangler (it's
        > not Albert DeSalvo),

        Gee, just the other day I got something on the Boston Strangler on another list, wish I'd saved it; basically
        it was an article detailing how some of the relatives of some of the victims are working with relatives of
        DeSalvo to try to clear him, because the victims' relatives believe the real killer wasn't caught...

        What did Douglas have to say about the Zodiac case? That case has always intrigued me, as much, if not more
        so, than our dear Borden case... ;-)

        > Like I've been saying all along. Of course she did it.
        > The real mystery is why she did it and how she got away with it.

        As I've been saying all along, I'm open-minded regarding who is at guilt in the case; I'm quite prepared to
        accept Lizzie as the perp, if someone can clear up all the pesky little loopholes...

        And if she did it, I suspect there was at least one accomplice...

        > Just like OJ...

        Yes, the Borden case has its own Kato Kaelin... ;-)

        June
      • Autumn
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
          Hi!

          Nice to hear from you J.T. and June. J.T. that sounds
          like a very interesting book, I will have to see if I
          can find it. I ordered the new book about Lizzie,
          "Yesterday in Old Fall River" and after waiting months
          I was finally notified by Barnes and Noble that they
          sent it out on Tuesday. I am eagerly and impatiently
          waiting for it's arrival.:-)

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
            Dear JT,
            Just picked up my e-mail after an absence, and I was thrilled to hear from
            someone from the group. I'll get the book asap.

            Patsy751
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
              Dear Autumn,
              Let me know how your book is.....I've never heard of it, and since I am
              recovering from surgery, I have plenty of time to read!

              Patsy751
            • Autumn
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
                Hi Patsy!

                I will let you know as soon as I get a good look at
                it. So far I am STILL waiting for delivery. According
                to what the people who have gotten it say it is alot
                like Rebello's book. Apparently it is more reference
                like that in the mode of Victoria Lincoln's and others
                like that.

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • David L. Radtke
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2001
                  I am so glad you posted this, JT. I heard the author of this book on the
                  radio a few weeks back, but couldn't remember his name nor the name of the
                  book. I plan on picking it up A.S.A.P.,

                  -Dave

                  "Jeffrey K. Tesch" wrote:

                  > Anybody out there!!!! You all whacked out!!!
                  >
                  > Just finished "The Cases that Haunt Us" by John Douglas, the FBI profiler
                  > dude.
                  >
                  > He breaks down Lindbergh, Jack the Ripper, Zodiac, Boston Strangler (it's
                  > not Albert DeSalvo), Jon Benet and the Borden Case among others.
                  >
                  > His verdict: Lizzie did it.
                  >
                  > Like I've been saying all along. Of course she did it.
                  > The real mystery is why she did it and how she got away with it.
                  >
                  > Just like OJ...
                  >
                  > JT from Cincinnati

                  "to be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best,
                  night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the
                  hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."

                  e.e. cummings
                • Terence Duniho
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 11, 2001
                    After reading the Lizzie chapter by Douglas, I was convinced she'd
                    done the dirty deed. But there were so many unnecessary factual
                    errors in that one chapter that I had to write Mr. Douglas a letter.
                    That was at least a month ago, but he's been too busy up 'til now to
                    respond. Now, having just finished "Lizzie Didn't Do It!" by William
                    Masterton, I'm not so sure.

                    Terence