Lizzie Borden musical

  • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2000
      At http://www.post-gazette.com/magazine/20001003namt7.asp, one can read an article about various
      musicals-in-progress, including the following:

      " 'Lizzie Borden'

      "We heard mainly Act 1. I understand it is finally left to the audience to decide whether Lizzie did it, but
      there is plenty of motive, including sexual abuse. The tale is brightened with some deft social caricature
      and the lyrics and musical motifs intertwine in a satisfyingly Sondheimic mode."

      hmmmmmm.....

      June
    • Frikkie68@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2000
        <<At http://www.post-gazette.com/magazine/20001003namt7.asp, one can read an
        article about various
        musicals-in-progress, including the following:

        " 'Lizzie Borden'>>

        may i ask where you are from? the post gazette is my home newspaper!

        Frikkie
      • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2000
          From: <Frikkie68@...>
          > may i ask where you are from? the post gazette is my home newspaper!

          I'm in Connecticut...the reason I was able to post about that article is because I have a 'newsclipping'
          service set up on excite.com to flag articles in the media relating to kites...

          In this case, one of the other plays mentioned in the article is about the American Revolution, and mentions
          Ben Franklin's kite flying experiment with electricity, hence the reason for the 'hit'...

          I was disappointed with the kite find, but was happy to see the other reference to the potential play --
          musical no less -- devoted to our lovely Lizzie... ;-)

          June
        • Frikkie68@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2000
            Ahh, I see...thought maybe there was another Bordenite in Western PA...thanks
            anyway June!

            Michelle ;)