Re: [40Whacks]My Relation...

  • SpkEnglishorDie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2000
      I remember when I was a kid (I'm 26) and we were at my grandma's on a weekend
      and the Elizabeth Montgomery 'Lizzie' movie came on, my grandma made a
      comment that we were related to her. I didn't make much of it at the time,
      but when I got older and realized that people actually know who Lizzie Borden
      was (when you're a little kid the fact that a movie is made about your
      relative just doesn't drive the point home, I guess) I started asking my mom
      questions (my grandma had died). She didn't know much and just told me what
      she heard and that was that we were related to the Bordens on her Mom's side,
      and that it was Andrew we were related to. Not being very involved in the
      case ( I was then in my teens) that was enough for me to know to think it was
      'cool'. My mother didn't know anyway, and there wasn't an internet I could
      hop on. Anyway, my mom is dead now so if I wanted to find out more then I'd
      have to do so on my own and at the moment I don't have the time, money, or
      knowledge to do so. I know my family wasn't lying, but it's possible they
      were misinformed. I don't know. Maybe one day I'll find out for sure.

      Tom