Re: [40Whacks] INTRO....

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2000
      A P.S. to what I wrote about the house... my other complaint at the time was
      the dopey patter of the young woman who was a tour guide -- typical
      touristy-bad joke stuff... lots of allusions to OJ... the talk was very
      focused on Lizzie's guilt.

      This young woman was actually very knowledgeable and was most interesting
      when she was talking as herself. The tour concludes in the kitchen when you
      stand around and ask questions. I forgot how it came out, but I questioned
      something she had said and she said that she didn't really believe it but
      that her bosses "make her" say the same words on the tour.

      Despite this, it really was a thrilling experience -- if anyone reading this
      has not been, it's well worth the trip... I flew into Providence, Rhode
      Island and drove about 30 minutes to Fall River ... Boston is nearby... so
      there's loads to do in the area.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2000
        Hi Jackie,
        Welcome. I have to say that I really enjoyed your enthusiasm about your LB
        house tour. I have already spoken about my visit, but just a few words in
        case someone else new hasn't gone into the past achives. I live it
        Massachusetts so my sacrifice for traveling was small.....however, my
        husband's sacrifice was great since we went for our wedding anniversary. So
        he was convinced that he had married a loon, but I was thrilled.

        We booked Abby and Andrew's room because that had a private bathroom which
        made me feel more comfortable. However, when push came to shove, we ended up
        sleeping in the small dressing room off of that room which has a bed also
        because I felt really spooked. Silly, huh?

        Any my first impression of the house was one of familiarity. I guess I had
        read and knew so much about the case that when I walked into the house, it
        felt like I had been there before. My reaction to the size of the house was
        the same as yours....I couldn't believe how small it was.

        When I woke up the next morning, the sun was streaming in the window, the
        birds were chirping, and it felt positively charming and cozy. The people
        that were there at the same time that I was were very quiet and distant which
        I found disappointing, and I thought maybe we're ALL weird being here in the
        first place!!!

        I would give ANYTHING to read old issue of the LB quarterly since I just got
        my first copy with the last issue. I don't know how to go about getting my
        hands on them.

        Patsy751