Re: [40Whacks] LB Quarterly

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 1:12 PM
      Hi Frikkie,
      Well, I'm glad you asked about LBQ. I have to say that I really enjoyed it a
      great deal. I had to laugh when I was reading it because I expected at any
      moment to read something that might solve the case.....you know like
      aaaahhhhaaaa!

      To give you an idea of what is inside, I'll give you an overview. Is this
      too much information?

      There is an article about the print being identified that was over Andrew's
      head in the sitting room.

      Then there is an interview with the boy who delivered Lizzie's newspaper when
      he was 12. I thought one of his quotes was great..."I could see how some
      issues might be awfully, awfully hard up for material every now and then, but
      I can't believe that this is going to add very much". In their defense the
      editors stated that they believe that he is the only person alive today who
      knew LB.

      Several pages were taken up with the opening argument by William Moody.

      Another example was obituary for Florence Cook Brigham.

      There were other tidbits, but that was the meat of it. As a matter of fact,
      now I wish that I could read all the back issues of the magazine. Is there
      anyone out there who saved their back issues and would be willing to part
      with them?
      I would be very interested.

      Patsy751