Re: Dr. Bowen

  • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 11, 2000
      From: "Roy Nickerson" <servo@...>
      > The coat went under the pillow, rather that Andrew's
      > head.........thus, Lizzie need not have touched him.

      Oh, come on now! The guy's eyeball was hanging out, for
      gosh sakes! Just trying to slide a neatly folded waistcoat
      under the pillow should have gotten the person attempting
      to do so covered with blood...

      June
    • Ynr Chyldz Wyld
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 11, 2000
        From: <Patsy751@...>
        > Speaking of Andrew's eyeball hanging out....ya think Miss Lizzie would
        have
        > been just a tad bit more hysterical after seeing that instead of calmly
        > talking to Mrs. Churchill about the weather first and then asking her to
        come
        > over!

        One would think...

        And yet, having had a not-by-natural-means cause of death to one of my own
        close family members, I can tell you that initial reactions to trauma like
        that
        vary, and hysteria is not necessarily the first reaction....

        June
      • Autumn
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 12, 2000
          Ops, yes that is right, the coat went under the pillow
          that was under Andrew's head. Of couse, that would
          lessen the blood that Lizzie would have come in
          contact with. Lizzie also might have had her sleeves
          pushed up and if she got blood on her hands, she would
          have washed them. It has been commented on that her
          hands were very clean.

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • Jeffrey K. Tesch
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2000
            Patsy:

            Bowen was a bit of a sticky wicket, eh?

            That furtive business with the torn up note bugs me. Why wasn't he forced
            to give a better explanation for destroying possible evidence and usurping
            the police investigation?

            He's a cameo conspirator. Knowing his sedentary neighbor well, Bowen is
            instantly skeptical about the "sick note". He asks both Lizzie and Alice
            Russell about it, but doesn't accept their idea that Abby burned it in the
            stove. He goes looking and finds it.

            Whether he saw a connection to the crime (property transfer?) or just a
            strange coincidence, his predisposition to believe in Lizzie's innocence
            caused him to destroy evidence.

            If I could find out what the note really said...

            I'd blow this case wide open........................

            JT
            (from Cincy)

            P.S. I think Pete Rose killed them.