Introduction

  • servo@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2000
      Hello, all. My name is Roy Nickerson, and I have been a Lizzie buff since 1961 when my dad gave me a copy of Radin's "Lizzie Borden, the Untold Story". I was born, raised, and lived most of my life in Massachusetts; though Colorado is home these days. I keep in contact with a number of Bordenites through e-mail, and other websites where Bordenophiles congregate. As to books......well, I guess I just about have them all (non-fiction only!). I'm looking forward with great aniticipation to the publication of the Trial Transcripts, which George Quigley (curator of 92 Second St., as well as Maplecroft)is working on. I hope this serves as an introduction, and I look forward to visiting 40 Whacks often.
    • Tango9311@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2000
        Hello, Roy, and welcome to the 40 Whacks discussion group.
        Our postings seem to come and go in spurts... so feel free to
        jump in with your thoughts and opinions at any time.

        You might also want to browse through the message archives
        at OneList. We've had a lot of interesting "debates" on various
        Lizzie-related topics.

        For the record, we're not all convinced of Lizzie's guilt, although
        you'll find that most of the list-members do believe she committed
        the crimes.

        I'm sure I can speak for everyone though in saying "Glad you've
        joined us!"

        Linn
      • Autumn
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2000
          WELCOME Roy!!! Glad to have a new member on the list.
          It seems like the list has been pretty dead for weeks
          now but when people write they will really go at it
          for awhile, then kind of wind down. Anyway, looking
          forward to having some discussions again!

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • Roy Nickerson
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2000
            Thank You, Linn.
            The Borden murders are indeed fertile fields for discussion. I, myself, am
            convinced of her guilt....but, the possible complicity with others, and the
            true motives behind the deed leave plenty of room for conjecture. I will
            spend some time in the archive to get a feel for the tenor and tone of
            discussion before I jump in.

            Regards'
            Roy

            ----------
            > From: Tango9311@...
            > To: 40Whacks@onelist.com
            > Subject: Re: [40Whacks] Introduction
            > Date: Saturday, January 08, 2000 12:53 PM
            >
            > From: Tango9311@...
            >
            > Hello, Roy, and welcome to the 40 Whacks discussion group.
            > Our postings seem to come and go in spurts... so feel free to
            > jump in with your thoughts and opinions at any time.
            >
            > You might also want to browse through the message archives
            > at OneList. We've had a lot of interesting "debates" on various
            > Lizzie-related topics.
            >
            > For the record, we're not all convinced of Lizzie's guilt, although
            > you'll find that most of the list-members do believe she committed
            > the crimes.
            >
            > I'm sure I can speak for everyone though in saying "Glad you've
            > joined us!"
            >
            > Linn

            > Sign up for eLerts at:

          • Roy Nickerson
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2000
              Thank You, Autumn, glad to come on board. Are you perchance the same
              Autumn who sometimes posts to the Dark Rose Lizzie Borden Message Board run
              by Darryle and Lily Toney? I am going to spend some time in the archives
              before I submit anything. I want to get a feel for the tone and tenor of
              discussions before I barge ahead.

              Regards,
              Roy

              ----------
              > From: Autumn <autumnlite@...>
              > To: 40Whacks@onelist.com
              > Subject: Re: [40Whacks] Introduction
              > Date: Saturday, January 08, 2000 2:22 PM
              >
              > From: Autumn <autumnlite@...>
              >

              > WELCOME Roy!!! Glad to have a new member on the list.
              > It seems like the list has been pretty dead for weeks
              > now but when people write they will really go at it
              > for awhile, then kind of wind down. Anyway, looking
              > forward to having some discussions again!
              >
              > Autumn
              > http://im.yahoo.com

              > Sign up for eLerts at:

            • Autumn
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 10, 2000
                Roy,

                I'm sorry I didn't get to reply sooner but YES, I am
                the Autumn that post on the Dark Rose Board. If you
                have gotten to read the archives though you have
                probably already figured that out. :-)

                Once again glad you have become one of the "Forty
                Whackers".

                http://im.yahoo.com