Expert Opinions

  • Genna25777@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 1999
      In a message dated 6/5/99 6:03:09 PM EST, Patsy751@... writes:

      << All the experts gave their opinion of the case and commentaries of the
      times. >>

      Call me curious, Patsy, but what were the expert opinions??? Did most of them
      believe in Lizzie's guilt or were there a variety of opinions? Also, if
      anyone knows of other seminars or conventions, I'd like to hear about them.
    • Patsy751@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 1999
        Hello Everyone,
        Just a short note for this morning to reply to the mail I read. As far as
        Brigitte goes, I think that she is guilty of keeping silent about the
        strained family relationships probably in return for a pay off (or mostly
        likely worded to her as a thank you for your support type of gift). I think
        that she justified it by assuming that Lizzie was innocent anyway so what
        would it hurt.

        In order to answer your question about the opinion of the experts, it's been
        so long, I'll have to give it another look. From what I can remember off the
        top of my head, I think that most of them felt that she was guilty, but I'll
        get back to this question.

        Hope all have a great day.

        Patsy751
      • Effra@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 1999
          Genna25777@... writes:

          << In a message dated 6/5/99 6:03:09 PM EST, Patsy751@... writes:

          << All the experts gave their opinion of the case and commentaries of the
          times. >>

          Call me curious, Patsy, but what were the expert opinions??? Did most of
          them
          believe in Lizzie's guilt or were there a variety of opinions? Also, if
          anyone knows of other seminars or conventions, I'd like to hear about them.

          A year or two ago at Stanford University, the Law School put on a
          special event to celebrate two of its famous graduates (Supreme Court
          Justices Sandra Day O'Connor and Wm. Rehnquist, I believe). Selected
          "actors" (law school students) re-enacted the Lizzie Borden trial. The
          Supreme Court Justices then gave their opinions, and everyone attending the
          trial got to vote for or against convicting. Basically, based on the trial,
          the entire group (including the Supreme Court Justices) had to acquit Lizzie
          -- reasonable doubt, all circumstantial evidence.

          -- Effra