Re: Borden Buffboy

  • Patsy751@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 1999
      Hi Everyone,
      I know that if I told you what I have read, I am putting myself in the
      position of being told to get a life. However, you have to understand, I
      have been collecting for a very long time.

      To start I've read (and I have the book) of "The Fall River Tragedy" by E. H.
      Porter. I think this is a must read because he was a reporter on the scene
      at the time of the murders, and the first book to be written. The rest are
      as follows:

      The Girl in the House of Hate by Charles and Louise Samuels
      Lizzie by Frank Spiering
      A Private Disgrace by Victoria Lincoln (one of my favorites)
      Forty Whacks by David Kent
      Lizzie Borden by Edward D. Radin
      Lizzie Borden...A Casebook of the family and crime in the 1890's
      The Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Lizzie A. Borden (which is The Knowlton
      Papers 1892-1893)
      The Knowlton/Pearson Correspondence 1923-1930 (These are notes written
      between Attorney Knowlton's son and the writer preparing for his book)
      The Legend 100 years after the crime....which is a book of the Conference
      held at the Bristol Community College in Fall River in 1992. All the expert
      give their opinion of the case and commentaries of the times.
      Also I have a book which is a scrapbook of newspaper accounts of the time.

      So if anybody needs me to check a fact, I think that I can do that. I have
      read these books over the course of many years and always enjoyed finding
      something that I didn't know before.

      Well that's about it for today.

      Patsy751