FW: [40Whacks] Revisionist Theories

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2007

      My dear Patsy – how kind of you to mention Bruno Richard Hauptmann…

      I’m back into the gray area with him.  He’s dirtier than the revisionist’s would have it – a shady, secretive guy who lied to his wife and never worked a day after the ransom drop.  I’ll never buy that he went up a ladder to kill a baby.  But the dude is bent…

      Let me take this opportunity to offer a disclaimer on my previous post.  When I say the “Green Man” crimes were “non-violent rapes”, consider it a given that ANY rape IS a crime of violence.  I don’t want to appear insensitive to that.

      My point is that DeSalvo would have us believe he savagely murdered 13 women – and then progressed to nocturnal home invasions with no harm to the victim except sexual violation.  Several women described being wakened by a soft spoken man in their bed who promised they would not be hurt if they cooperated.  They described him as “gentle” and “apologetic” - this is not the evolution of a serial killer.  And DeSalvo WAS convicted of the Green Man crimes…

      On the day before his murder in prison, DeSalvo told his psychiatrist he would soon call a press conference “to blow the lid off the strangler case!”   Early next morning he’s stabbed while sleeping in an allegedly secure hospital cell block.

      JT’s official status on the Boston Strangler case is UNSOLVED – PERSONS UNKNOWN.  There’s somewhere between 5-7 killers.

      In the Sheppard case – Richard Eberling is judged PROBABLY GUILTY.

      Any one else have any cold cases that haunt them?

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2007
        In a message dated 2/11/2007 6:13:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, jtesch@... writes:
        Any one else have any cold cases that haunt them?
        I was thinking about one that is just the opposite. For a trial as famous as OJ's, there is not one alternate killer that has gained any sort of traction after all these years. Early on, there were the "Colombian drug dealers" theory which lasted about one week but that's it. You'd think with a case of this size and popularity, there'd be at least one alternate explanation.

        Having said that, I hope that the Goldman and Brown families get somethig from the "If I Did It" money, although OJ says he has spent it.

        Pat in NYC