OT - Heading to Moms.....

  • Nunnie - Pam
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      HI All,

      We are getting ready to leave to go to Oregon to go see my Mom probably for the last time. Therefore I put myself on "No Mail". :) If I get a chance between now and the time we leave I'll probably send in a few things, but we have so much to do to get ready I doubt I'll be able to. :)

      We will be leaving on Thursday and plan on being gone for at least 14 days or more. I'm not real sure when I'll be back and then I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back on my computer once we get back. It is a 14-16 hour drive and Rick plans on driving straight through.

      I KNOW this is really going to play havoc with me and my health. So it might be a week or more before I can get back on my computer again. So please don't remove me from the group if I'm not back for a while. :) Just as soon as I'm physically able I'll become active again.

      My Mom was diagnosed a couple months ago with Terminal Lung Cancer and given 3-6 months to live. Since I live in Montana and couldn't be there personally with her I been asking people to PLEASE, PLEASE send "Cards" to my Mom to cheer her up and give her the will to fight this awful disease. :(

      The cards have now slowed down to almost nothing. And as her health gets worse I'm getting worried about her going back into a depression and giving up. So... I was wondering if you would/could possibly please, please send a Card to her.

      Mom has been receiving cards and she is not the same person she was prior to the cards. She is laughing again... laughing with JOY and is getting up every day and taking an interest in life again instead of staying in bed. Her whole attitude has changed. She is now back in the world and has something to look forward to each day instead of giving up. :) These cards are truly helping her TREMENDOUSLY!!! My goal is to keep cards going to her until the day she is gone. That way when she is at the end, she will still have something to look forward to each day.

      If you would like to send a "Snail Mail" card as she doesn't have a computer or access to one to my Mom to let her know you are thinking of her or Praying for her, I sure would appreciate it. :) I know that it means a LOT to her and it would mean the world to me as well. :) You may send your cards to the following:

      1400 Candlelight Drive #136
      Eugene, OR 97402

      If you would like an idea of what kinds of things she likes... well she LOVES cats. She also LOVES Dolphins and Sharpei doggies. Any type of Christian card is thoroughly appreciated as well. So perhaps you might have a card laying around that has one of those things on it. :)

      I made up a web site that says basically this same thing that I post updates on. If you would like to pass this on to friends or family or other on-line groups you're in... perhaps a church group, please feel free to do so. The more cards the better. :) Feel free to copy what I've written here if you would like or choose your owns words. The web site URL is:

      I made a web site with additional information, updates, and her "Snail Mail" US Postal address as she doesn't have a computer or access to one.

      I would like to thank you very much. Even if you don't send a card please keep my Mom and our family in your Prayers and thoughts.

      Anyhow... Thanks a lot. As soon as I can... when we get back... I'll put myself back on mail. :)

      Thank You and God Bless You!!

      Nunnie - Pam