FW: FW: [40Whacks] The Cases That Haunt Us Part 2

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2005

      ***I really don’t relish this ping pong match, but…”

      Muriel wrote:

      Hi Patsy
      I haven't the faintest idea of just when it first came out that Lizzie discussed the weather first before asking Mrs. Churchill to come over.

      ***Mrs. Churchill confided this tidbit to opposite neighbor Caroline Kelly.  Her daughter Eva Kelly Betz confirmed this (to Agnes deMille) along with other fascinating hearsay on the Borden family secrets (I have the interview)

      Lizzie was not concerned about Abby when she found her father.  She didn't actually  know he was dead.  Her immediate concern was to get him a doctor as quickly as possible, thus she yelled for Bridget to come down and go get Dr. Bowen.  Tell me something.  What good would it have done to yell for Abby?  She could have done nothing whatsoever.

      ***Please…She told Bridget, Churchill, and Bowen that Andrew was “killed”.  And it doesn’t matter what Abby would have done – she was certainly on a more “need to know” basis concerning the death of her husband of 27 years than the maid was.

      Don't what I was thinking of, but Smith's drugstore is at the corner of Columbia and South Main.  But it definitely is not around the corner from Lizzie Borden's house.

      ***I walked it in six minutes.  Turn left at Borden gate, walk a block and turn right on Rodman, walk half a block and you’re there.

      That’s what we call “going ‘round the corner in my hood”…

      Of course Lizzie had been there before, and was identified by three persons (not just Bence) as attempting to buy poison.  Even her defense never denied it – just argued (successfully) that it was too remote to the murders.

      But PATSY wrote this!

        However, I think that as Bridget matured and she remembered that day she might have thought to herself that she had been manipulated by Lizzie.  As time passed, maybe things just didn't seem right.  By that point though the trial would have been long over.  This led to her near miss deathbed confession.  I can hear her start the sentece with "I never gave it much thought at the time, but......."  Or, "It has always bothered me that......."   It can kind of drive you crazy.  If only Bridget had added a small piece to this puzzle.

      ***I want to nominate Patsy as the new leader of the “Faithful Minions”.  THANK YOU for finally explaining this to my satisfaction!

      Your recent posts have been insightfully brilliant…  I bow before you.

      JT

    • Patricia Stephenson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2005
        Hi J.T.

        You are too kind.  Actually it seems to me that the only mystery about the Borden case is that it is a mystery.

        Patsy

        http://mail.yahoo.com