FW: [40Whacks] Double Jeopardy

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005

      Patsy wrote:

      It seems to me that Knowlton never had enough new evidence to consider another trial.   I never considered that there were two murderers, and evidently that theory was dismissed quickly.   Let's say that Lizzie killed Abby because of course that would probably bring her the most satisfaction, and give her a longer time to clean herself up.  Then she allowed her accomplice to enter and kill Andrew.

      ***My dear Patsy, astute as always.  There’s never been any doubt that Lizzie killed Abby – but Andrew’s murder was a different kind of killing.  Though still convinced that Lizzie did them both, I have to remain open to the possibility of a second killer.

      I’d like to say more, but I don’t trust this list anymore.  I’d love to have a side chat with you – that goes for Jay, Autumn, Pat, Lynn, Laura, June, and yes MURIEL (I miss her…)

      JT, signing off…

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        Hi JT -- I don't think you should ever post anything that's private or proprietary on this list, even when the illusion is that it's "just us."

        Those two guys reminded me of the early days of the Internet... it felt after a while as if two drunks had broken into our home and were screaming at each other. One of the drawbacks of free list serves is that there is no moderator to boot guys like that.

        I try to participate when I can and have something to say. Lizzie has been a lifelong interest of mine, although I confess to not being as knowledgeable as you or others. And I miss Muriel too -- I loved how she never backed down.

        Pat in NYC

      • Patricia Stephenson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
          Dear J.T. and Group,
          Imagine my surprise today when I receive not my usual less than ten pieces of mail, and instead have 50 unread messages.  This is craziness.  How can we fix this?

          Patsy

          P.S.  Put me on the missing Muriel list.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
            Hi Patsy:
            Like you, I was inundated with undesireable e-mail messages.
            Can't write right now.  I have a broken elbow.  My left hand is incapacitated.  I've been deleting those Lizzie Borden DVD movies ads.