Rebello?

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2004
      When I was looking at the B and B website, I noticed that they were
      pushing an expensive book by a fellow named Rebello. I also noticed
      there is an expensive copy available on eBay, which I am not
      inclined to get.

      Still, I wonder why it's so expensive and what it's all about. I
      don't know if it's still available through the B and B website, but
      do wonder if it is worth pursuing. And speaking of the B and B--

      Did JT ever make it there?? I am dying to know! I still aim to go
      one day, though I know I have said that every year. How do we make
      it a reality? I think we should organize a Northeastern US
      gathering and plan such a thing. Let me know, offlist or on, if
      interested for next year.

      I did a Lizzie Borden search on Amazon.com and not much out there.
      Speiring's book that declares Emma did it and the Sullivan one, of
      course, which got me on this whole Lizzie thing. The Sourcebook,
      which I have gotten out of the library and perused.

      I cannot find my copy of "Private Disgrace", so may get a cheap copy
      from eBay, unless someone on the list has an extra copy to give away
      or sell. I remember liking it when I read it years ago--I thought
      the epilepsy theory was very, very interesting, but not remembering
      puzzling over the fact there were 2 murders.

      I want to read it again, in light of the recent discussion. I am
      not averse to the class issue, since I do think the author, coming
      from the same strata of society as Lizzie, has a valid point. I
      don't think you can discount her book in its entirety simply
      because you object to its snobbishness.

      Jay in Maine