Alfred Hitchcock Presents

  • Jonathan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      In an eariler post in mentioned an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock
      Presents" titled "The Older Sister"

      This episode deals with a reporter discovering the truth behind the
      Lizzie Borden murder case. Although i haven't seen this episode in
      years i still remember Emma putting the apron around her waist while
      holding a hatchet and telling Lizzie " it will be like last time".

      The episode starred Joan Lorring as Emma , Carmen Matthews as Lizzie
      and aired during the show's first season on Jan 22nd, 1956
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        In a message dated 7/1/2004 4:36:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jonathanjordan1313@... writes:
        " it will be like last time".
        I'm missing something here. What will be like last time?

        Pat
      • Autumn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
          I remember that Hitchcock episode, one of the first
          references to the Borden case that I ever saw and
          maybe (I can't remember for sure) what peaked my
          interest in Lizzie to begin with. "Like the last time"
          referred to Emma's murdering Andrew and Lizzie and
          that she would commit murder again if she needed to
          "like the last time".

          Autumn

          --- PatriciaLu@... wrote: > In a message dated
          7/1/2004 4:36:35 AM Eastern
          > Daylight Time,
          > jonathanjordan1313@... writes:
          > " it will be like last time".
          > I'm missing something here. What will be like last
          > time?
          >
          > Pat

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
            I've always heard of this episode, but never seen it.
            Does anyone know if it is available anywhere. (Like on a DVD release
            or anything?)

            On Jul 1, 2004, at 6:24 PM, Autumn wrote:

            > I remember that Hitchcock episode, one of the first
            > references to the Borden case that I ever saw and
            > maybe (I can't remember for sure) what peaked my
            > interest in Lizzie to begin with. "Like the last time"
            > referred to Emma's murdering Andrew and Lizzie and
            > that she would commit murder again if she needed to
            > "like the last time".
            >
            > Autumn
            >

            > --- PatriciaLu@... wrote: > In a message dated
            > 7/1/2004 4:36:35 AM Eastern
            >> Daylight Time,
            >> jonathanjordan1313@... writes:
            >> " it will be like last time".
            >> I'm missing something here. What will be like last
            >> time?
            >>
            >> Pat

            "Art is work.
            It just looks like play."