FW: [40Whacks] Radin's Book

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 3:14 PM

      Hi Group,

      Lincoln 's book has always been my favorite because it had the Bridget gossiping over the fence with the Kelly's maid kind of feel to it.  I love that insider stuff.  Also, I never thought of JT as kinky.

      ******Not Kinky…but capricious, unconventional, and eccentric I’ll answer to.

      I did see Victoria Lincoln on the Merv Griffith show in 1967.  She looked pretty well preserved for her age.

      And I saw her house just down the street from Maplecroft.  She could see it from her front yard.

      Oh yes, I’m also wanton, whimsical and quirky.  BUT NEVER KINKY…

      JT

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2004
        Muriel wrote: (several weeks ago)

        Hi Donna:
        What possible motive could Bridget have had for killing the Bordens?

        It was like Knowlton told the jurors that there need not be a motive,
        but
        there was always a cause. I agree. Bridget had no motive. The cause
        was
        (I'll now go out on a limb) Bridget, having a hangover, objected to
        having
        to spend the morning washing the outside windows and after that, having
        wash them on the inside also.
        It was just what Benjamin Buffinton, a former homicide detective, told
        reporters. The murder of Mrs. Borden had been unpremeditated and that
        of
        Mr. Borden was the removal of somebody out of the way. When Mrs. Borden
        refused to postpone the window washing, she signed her own death
        warrant.
        Bridget's hot temper got the best of her and Abby paid the price.

        Bridget had no choice but to kill Mr. Borden because he would have told
        the
        cops that Bridget had been upstairs with Abby BEFORE he left the house
        to go
        downtown around 9:00 o'clock.

        TO THE GROUP:

        The question for the jury is: Who Killed the 40 Whacks Group?

        The Verdict: Muriel - by virtue of her repetitious bludgeoning of
        members with the pathetically dull blade of her ludicrous theory as
        stated above.

        Anyone ever notice that Muriel gets the last word? I've had enough side
        discussions with members to know that many of you delete her posts
        without reading them. But the list always goes dead after she takes her
        whacks.

        If you are a JT minion, then you know my job is easy. Of course Lizzie
        did these killings, but I make an effort to keep my posts fresh and look
        at different angles of her guilt.

        But how many times must we be subjected to the theory of Benjamin
        Buffinton? The guy was a washed up stooge who wasn't part of the
        investigation and never testified at any legal proceeding. And let's
        not forget the twin devils of deception, Knowlton and McHenry, who
        conspired to get Lizzie indicted for murder (they must have bribed Judge
        Blaisdell and the 19 Grand Jurors). And of course Bridget, the most
        cunningly successful rage killer in true crime history...

        I'm at the end of my tether with Muriel. Her last response to me
        contained the phrase "sorry, JT, but..." three times, followed by
        mindless meanderings that do nothing to alter that FACT of Lizzie's
        guilt.

        This is not personal - I'm sure Muriel is a good person at heart. But
        it bothers me that no one else (except Jay) will stand up and tell her
        to quit clogging the arteries of this case with her plaque filled
        nonsense.

        I will be leaving the group soon. But not before I entice everyone with
        details of my upcoming Fall River Trip - two nights in the guest room,
        one of which I'll be the only one in the house!

        This trip is the final step in my research project. I hope to have a
        big announcement when I get back.

        Until then, happing whacking...

        JT

        ---WHODUNIT???---