Re: [40Whacks] Lizzie's Inquest Testimony

    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2004
      Good evening Tesch:
      Looks like I gave you a taste of like I've been getting trying to get to the end of Victoria Lincoln's book.  Maybe the reason that book irritates me so much is because it brings me back home to the time when I went to school with a couple like her.
      To me the implication was there anyway, even though she did say:  "He could not-as Bridget might-have been an accomplice, for he, too, had died."

      It was Bridget who tried so hard to convince people that Abby was killed after Mr. Borden had left.  Guess I should apologize for this GLARING ERROR.----NO WAY.
      Her character permeates the entire book.  She understood everyone and KNEW, the how and why each  behaved the way he did.  If there was someone she didn't care for, by the time she was through with him, the reader didn't care for him either.  Guess you would call that character assassination.  I think what she did to Dr. Bowen was awful, and uncalled for.  She had never met him, but she knew all about him; none of it very nice.

      Or, her saying that Mrs. Churchill sent her handyman for Dr. Chagnon because, though Dr. Kelly lived right next door, the French were a cut above the Irish, who were at the bottom of the list.  Well, Dr. Kelly happened to be FRENCH.  How do I know?  My father played with his kids!

      You said you hope to get back to your reconstruction of events leading up to Abby's murder.  Well, I'm positive you will do a heck of a lot better job than Victoria Lincoln did.  You will put her to shame.  My best to you.

      Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2359 4:58 PM
      Subject: [40Whacks] Lizzie's Inquest Testimony

      1. I will be staying in the John Morse Guest Room Friday night July 16th.  The House is for Sale, but the prospective new owners want to continue the B & B.
      2. Everyone please disregard Muriel Arnold’s ranting about Victoria Lincoln – she keeps misrepresenting what Lincoln really says.  Case in point:    “On page 187, Victoria Lincoln said Knowlton noticed that Lizzie changed from her father leaving around nine, to her saying her father stayed downstairs with her "until ten or a little after."  Victoria Lincoln said that meant no one could have killed Abby till after he left.  True.”   Lizzie did change her testimony – anyone who studies the inquest will be amazed at her contradictions – but Lincoln never says that Abby wasn’t killed until after he left.  She’s just pointing out Lizzie’s clumsy lies.
      3. Remember, when a suspect is lying they have to recall what they said to everyone.  That is why skilled interrogators ask repetitive questions, to elicit “consciousness of guilt”.  Don’t take my word for it – read John Douglas (“MindHunter”).  I think he has more forensic experience than Muriel.
      4. Lizzie’s inquest testimony is a virtual confession – which is why the defense labored to exclude it at trial.  Lizzie gives wildly contradictory answers concerning:  Uncle John; her movements on Wednesday, the fishing lines at Swansea, her location when Andrew came home to die, whether she saw Bridget or not, length of time in the barn, the sick note, and whether she heard Abby come in (just to name a few).  Her exchange with Knowlten about whether “she felt better (in the barn) than in the morning” is a classic:  Knowlten asks the question 6 times and says he will “put it all day” if he has to.
      5. I’ve been a tad busy with the day job.  I hope to get back to my reconstruction of events leading up to Abby’s murder.  Please bear with me.
      6. Oh, I almost forgot -  LIZZIE DID IT!!!!!

    • Jay
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2004
        --- In 40Whacks@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Tesch" <jtesch@c...> wrote:
        > 1. I will be staying in the John Morse Guest Room Friday night
        July
        > 16th. The House is for Sale, but the prospective new owners want to
        > continue the B & B.

        Looking forward to the report!!! I am still hoping to get down from
        Maine sometime this summer for a tour.

        Jay