Re: [40Whacks] This is the year!

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2004
      It may be up for sale?
      Did I miss something? Are they planing on selling the house?

      -Dave

      On May 16, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Muriel Arnold wrote:

      > Hi Jay:
      > I do hope you don't wait too long to go see the Borden house.  It may
      > be up for sale for one thing.  Another is that they actually might get
      > started on building a courthouse (God forbid) across the street from
      > the Borden house.  One of my sisters and I might go home this year,
      > but not to visit the Borden house.  We'll be spending most of our time
      > with the rest of the family.
      >
      > Well, I'm now into the inquest of Victoria Lincoln's book and she
      > ticked me off again.  I can't wait to get to the end of her book.  I'd
      > quit, but seeing I've gotten this far, I may as well finish.  She was
      > so loaded with (mis)information.  I know, Jeff is your man, so I'll
      > try to suffer through the rest of her book on my own, and let Jeff
      > have his say.
      > Muriel

      "Art is work.
      It just looks like play."

      -Toni Morrison
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2004
        In a message dated 5/16/2004 6:14:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jselber1@... writes:
        So far, I can't get anyone to want to stay over in the house with me, which is my Grand Desire, but even a day trip will suffice.
        this information is a few years old so I may be wrong, but the Fall River Historical Society is only open on weekdays, and I believe it closes at 4 or 5. I really recommend being there on a weekday to see the Lizzie collection -- you will have a Lizziephile-gasm when you see one of her actual outfits. The other object that stands out in my mind is a pillow case from Abby's room with blood on it -- as well as Lizzie's dinner pail from when she was in prison.

        Anybody who describes Lizzie as "large" or "stout" won't after you see her clothes.

        Pat in NY (I couldn't get anybody to go with me, much less spend the night at the house with me! I ended up going by myself!)