Re: [40Whacks] Digest Number 436

  • Laura James
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
      Joanne,
      Check Amazon.com used books, Addall.com, Half.com, and as a last resort,
      Ebay.
      Laura
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2004
        Joanne i have a great tape of the Legend of Lizzie Borden that i could provide for
        you or anyone else in the group,contact me about it at my aol e-mail

        LarrytateT  followed by    @...

        Larry Tate :)

        > Hello all.  What a collection of interesting reads!
        >
        > I am helping my friend's daughter do research on Lizzie Borden for a
        > high school report (we've found a lot of material).  She has
        > expressed an interest in seeing a (any) movie about the case.
        >
        > I have heard very good things about the 1975 Elizabeth Montgomery
        > movie "The Legend of Lizzie Borden", but I've been unable to find a
        > way to get a copy for less than $45.  I am a college student, so I
        > don't have a lot of extra cash available, lol.
        >
        > If anyone knows of a source from which I can buy (or rent) a copy of
        > this movie for less than $45 I would really appreciate it if you
        > would contact me!!!
        >
        > I appreciate any and all assistance in this matter!!
        >
        > Joanne

      • Joanne
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2004
          Laura,

          Thanks for your suggestions. I'd already tried ebay and amazon. I'm
          beginning to think the movie was never actually released on video and
          that everyone who has a copy taped it off TV...I'll find something.

          Thanks again!
          Joanne

          --- In 40Whacks@yahoogroups.com, "Laura James" <Laura4991@p...> wrote:
          > Joanne,
          > Check Amazon.com used books, Addall.com, Half.com, and as a last
          resort,
          > Ebay.
          > Laura

          __

          __

          > > Message: 1
          > > Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:36:21 -0000
          > > From: "Joanne" <h2oskiergyrl@s...>
          > > Subject: Lizzie Borden Movie
          > >
          > > Hello all. What a collection of interesting reads!
          > >
          > > I am helping my friend's daughter do research on Lizzie Borden
          for a
          > > high school report (we've found a lot of material). She has
          > > expressed an interest in seeing a (any) movie about the case.
          > >
          > > I have heard very good things about the 1975 Elizabeth Montgomery
          > > movie "The Legend of Lizzie Borden", but I've been unable to find
          > > way to get a copy for less than $45. I am a college student, so I
          > > don't have a lot of extra cash available, lol.
          > >
          > > If anyone knows of a source from which I can buy (or rent) a copy
          of
          > > this movie for less than $45 I would really appreciate it if you
          > > would contact me!!!
          > >
          > > I appreciate any and all assistance in this matter!!
          > >
          > > Joanne

          __

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2004
            In a message dated 4/7/2004 6:39:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, h2oskiergyrl@... writes:
            I'm
            beginning to think the movie was never actually released on video
            I think we've talked about this before here that it hasn't been released. If I remember correctly, people who are selling copies on eBay say the same thing.

            Pat in NYC