Lizzie Borden Movie

  • Joanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 11:36 AM
      Hello all. What a collection of interesting reads!

      I am helping my friend's daughter do research on Lizzie Borden for a
      high school report (we've found a lot of material). She has
      expressed an interest in seeing a (any) movie about the case.

      I have heard very good things about the 1975 Elizabeth Montgomery
      movie "The Legend of Lizzie Borden", but I've been unable to find a
      way to get a copy for less than $45. I am a college student, so I
      don't have a lot of extra cash available, lol.

      If anyone knows of a source from which I can buy (or rent) a copy of
      this movie for less than $45 I would really appreciate it if you
      would contact me!!!

      I appreciate any and all assistance in this matter!!

      Joanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7 9:20 AM
        Hi Joanne:
        You didn't leave your E-Mail address. "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" was on
        TV less than two weeks ago. I recorded it on the two-hour speed and ended
        up missing the last few minutes of the movie because of the commercials, so
        my copy is missing the last three to five minutes of the film. It ends
        with Emma and Lizzie back home and Emma asking Lizzie if she had killed
        father and Lizzie does not reply.

        Anyway, I looked for my copy of this movie and couldn't find it!!! But, I'm
        pretty sure that is how the movie really ends, so far as the story went. It
        has been some years since I watched it. The actor who played the part of
        Hosea Knowlton must have known something about this case, as he did such an
        excellent job of showing what kind of man the real Knowlton had been; a
        holier than thou know it all. He could dish it out but couldn't stand any
        form of criticism. One of Knowlton's grandsons had that same opinion of
        him. His opinion and his opinion alone counted.

        The actress who played the part of his wife did an excellent job also.
        Subservant to him in all things. It must have been hell for the real Mrs.
        Knowlton.
        Joanne, if you send me your address, I'll make a copy of "The Legend of
        Lizzie Borden" and mail it to you.
        E-Mail me at: Muriela@...