FW: [40Whacks] Patsy

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2004

      Patsy wrote:

      I guess I'll answer a question with a question.   Since Lizzie was only two years old when the "steppie" entered her life, do you think the animosity towards her was instilled by Emma?

      ***Calling Mrs. Borden “Abby” when she was 14 (unheard of at that time) shows Emma had serious backbone.  The “Little Mother” no doubt prejudiced Lizzie to view their new stepmother as the usurper.  As years passed Lizzie began to obsess on Abby as the rival – affixation Emma did nothing to discourage.

      Off the top of my head, I would say that those words were penned for Miss Nance O'Neil.

      ***It was not Nance O’Neil.  But it was a young woman…

      God only knows all the things the neighbors must have told their children!

      ***As I’ve said before, if I had lived near Maplecroft back then I would have been there EVERY DAY!  Spying on Lizzie – there was an excellent vantage point from behind that massive garage she built on the next lot.