    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2004

      Patsy:

      Ever wonder if Lisbeth of Maplecroft went on the record about her murdered stepmother?

      ”She mentioned Mrs. Borden without hatred, but with a general disapproval of stepparents of any kind – ‘steppies’ was her word for them.”

      Or what the children who lived near Maplecroft were told by their parents about Lizzie?

      “She was very unkind to her mother and father.”

      Or who she was writing to when she wrote this:

      “I dreamed of you the other night but I do not dare to put my dreams on paper.”

      Ever wonder…

      JT

    • Jay Selberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2004
        Hello, list,

        I was away for awhile, having had to quit all my Yahoo groups.  I just rejoined (is that a word?) and came back to this delicious post by Jeffrey!

        I must know more!!

        Jay.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2004
          JT,
          I guess I'll answer a question with a question.   Since Lizzie was only two years old when the "steppie" entered her life, do you think the animosity towards her was instilled by Emma?

          Off the top of my head, I would say that those words were penned for Miss Nance O'Neil.

          God only knows all the things the neighbors must have told their children!

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2004
            In a message dated 2/7/2004 7:19:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, Patsy751@... writes:
            Off the top of my head, I would say that those words were penned for Miss Nance O'Neil.
            I know the answer to this, but not 100%. The answer is in Lizzie Borden Past and Present, and Lizzie wrote these to this man she had a romance with post-murders. I'll have to find the details later, but I believe that's it.