Re: [40Whacks] Maplecroft musings

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hi Patsy:
      You are making me wish I had not gotten rid of nearly all my articles on the Borden case.  They filled three large notebooks, not counting the information I'd received from Iowa, Montana and New Hampshire.

      Andrew Borden definitely would have protected Lizzie.  After all, Abby was no longer an asset and more of a liability which he could have done without.

      It does make one wonder if he would have been a match for Knowlton.  Would Knowlton have tackled those Andrew would have used to stop him?  Liked or disliked, Andrew Borden had a lot of clout behind him.

      Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 10:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [40Whacks] Maplecroft musings

      Hi JT,
      Off the cuff and from the gut, my initial reaction is that Andrew would not have "given her up".  I base my reasoning on the fact that Andrew stopped the investigation of the house robbery, but clearly made a statement by locking his bedroom and putting the key on the mantle.   He did not want the disgrace of having it discovered that Lizzie had committed the theft.  So I can only imagine the horror that would go through his mind if he thought that people knew Lizzie killed his wife.

      I think he would have protected her (or himself) from that, but would sanction personally sanction her in a way that we can only dream about.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        Hi Patsy:
        I forgot to mention the theft of June of 1891.  I'd read somewhere where the cop who had investigated this theft had convinced Andrew Borden to drop the case.  This information did not come from some author's book.  It is on record somewhere.

        Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 10:33 AM