Re: [40Whacks] Random Responses

  • Jay Selberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17 4:47 PM
      Hey Jeffrey, you list stirrer-upper.  I just checked out the Douglas book at the Maine State Library and have begun it.  I also checked out the Lizzie Borden Sourcebook by David Kent and Robert Flynn (who lives in Portland).  The newspaper clipping from the June 12, 1927 edition of the New Bedford paper indicates that Lizzie died at home.   Didn't you ask about this?

      "Lizzie Borden is dead.  Sister is next of kin; Fortune believed intact"

      "Miss Lizzie Andrew Borden, nationally known as the defendant in the famous Lizzie Borden murder trial of 1893, died at 8:30 last evening at her home, 306 French Street, Fall River.  Death was due to heart disease, her physician Dr. Annie Campbell Macrae, stated this morning..."

      Jay

      Jay:  my man!  This Bundy stuff is off the hook.  The guy is the most fascinating serial killer I’ve ever studied!  The recent Ann Rule movie should not be confused with “The Deliberate Stranger”, a far superior depiction starring Mark Harmon, who was People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” that same year (great casting).  The Ann Rule movie was a tepid, self serving waste of Barbara Hershey’s talents (she played Ann – not so great casting).  On that 1966 Seattle bludgeoning of the two stewardesses, the one survivor is now convinced (after reading Ann Rule’s book) that Bundy was the killer, even though she was attacked while sleeping.

      Lizzie will always be the prime suspect…because SHE DID IT!

      Group:  Don’t just take my word for it.  Read the chapter concerning the Borden murders in “The Cases That Haunt Us” by John Douglas, the FBI profiling pioneer and master of modern criminal investigative analysis.  He makes an overwhelming case for Lizzie’s guilt.  END OF BOOK.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18 12:38 PM
        My sound recording for easy listening in my car of "The Cases That Haunt Us" is already on the way.

        Patsy
      • WestList@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18 12:43 PM
          In a message dated 7/18/2003 2:40:33 PM Central Daylight Time, Patsy751@... writes:

          My sound recording for easy listening in my car of "The Cases That Haunt Us" is already on the way.

          Just got an e-mail notice from our library that my neighborhood branch
          received it and is holding it for me.  I won't have a chance to pick it up
          this afternoon though... but it will sure make for good reading this
          weekend.