Ears are burning

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2003

      JAY:  You are my hero, dude.  That “revisionism is now giving it a normal luster” (concerning Borden family life) was brilliant!  The family was seriously whacked.  And you are right – I do get exasperated.

      JUNE:  Invoking “pissing contests” and using “bullshit” as a retort are more personal than anything I’ve ever posted.  My posts are short, surgical strikes (unlike some of your ponderously preachy prose) that always hone in on a central theme:  Lizzie as murderess.  She is the Champ, and neither yourself nor Muriel has laid a glove on her yet.

           Regarding your claim that Muriel doesn’t “attempt to use this list as her personal platform”, then what in Hades is she doing?  I think she’s ramming this diabolically cunning alcoholic rage killer Bridget thing down our throats!

      MURIEL:  God love ya, at least you take a stand!  You say I want no one to disagree with my “findings”.  I have no findings – I’m just spouting the party line.  Curious about one thing though – you said your research ended after the trial, but then claim Lizzie was “ostracized” on the hill yet her lifestyle didn’t change.  On what do you base these assumptions?

      PATSY:  Actually, June and I are already working on a book (she just doesn’t know it).  Even more than a good editor I could use some additional newspaper clips from my favorite intrepid Boston based researcher.  Are you down?

      GROUP:  Lot’s of debate about motive and psychology of murder.  Last week I posted some quotes regarding rage and aggression.  Please note this material was either my paraphrasing or direct quotations from PHD level research done by experts who studied over 200 murder cases.  The answers are all there – and if you read them closely you’ll find the blueprint of Lizzie’s guilt.  Or better yet, check out the Constance Kent case in 1860 England - some fascinating parallels to the Borden affair.

      JT:  Perhaps its time for me to take a hike, because I do get exasperated.  Having racked my brains over JFK, Jack the Ripper, Lindbergh, Marilyn Sheppard, Halls/Mills, Joe Ewell, Black Dahlia, Zodiac, and other real “unsolved mysteries”, Lizzie is a slam dunk.  I’d bet my life on her guilt…

           I’m going to vote myself off the island.  Unlike our dear Muriel, I am aware when I become redundant.

           You guyz have been great…and I’ll still be available for private chats.

           Jay – I owe you a Bundy story (it’s a doozy).  Patsy – I’ve got some eyewitness accounts of Lizzie for you.

      JT

      jtesch@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
        JT:
        <The family was seriously whacked.>
        Why?  Because each led their own separate lives?

        <...neither yourself (June) or Muriel has laid a glove on her (Lizzie) as yet>
        Why should we?  June is waiting to be convinced that Lizzie is guilty while I KNOW that the only thing Lizzie was guilty of was being home during the murders.
        Just because you feel the murders could not have been committed without Lizzie's knowledge is bunk.  It happened.

        As for Lizzie being ostrasized after the murders, I was only going by what Mrs. Brigham, the former curator of the Historical Society, told me.  Her mother-in-law, Mrs. Mary Brigham, who stood by Lizzie during her ordeal, told her.  Even dear old Victoria Lincoln told us that.  Just because those on the hill decided they wanted nothing to do with Lizzie, doesn't mean Lizzie was guilty.

        <Lizzie is a slam dunk.>
        I'm still waiting for your other 39 reasons "proving" Lizzie's guilt.  I forgot what you number 40 was, but I can knock just about 37 of yours down.  And no, I will not give you my 44 reasons, which I got from Knowlton, and knock them down for you.  You are the one that will have to prove to us why Lizzie was guilty if you want the rest of us to "get off the fence" and join you.

        This business of Bridget not being guilty because she had nothing to gain and a job to lose, will not wash.  When Emma asked Bridget, when she was leaving the Borden house, if she was coming back and Bridget said:  "No.", within a week Emma had hired a new maid.

        JT, if you had spent as much time as I did following Bridget, you'd see the Borden case in a new light and couldn't help realize that Knowlton wasn't just doing his duty.  You remind me of him at times:  "Don't argue with me."  Knowlton had a tiger by the tail and he didn't dare let go, seeing his star witness was the only other possible killer.
        Have a great day

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
          JT!

          I hope you don't decide to "take a hike", I would miss
          the "back and forth". I have been reading the posts
          but fell behind in the last couple of days because of
          the death of a close friend.

          Also as you know even before that I had been turning
          my attention to the Black Dahlia case. Once I get onto
          something I totally immerse myself into it and have a
          hard time diverting from it. I haven't forgotten your
          questions regarding the Dahlia and I am going to
          respond as soon as things settle down.

          Anyway whether you take a hike from the group or not I
          will be keeping in touch.

          Your bud,

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
            Dear Autumn,
            I just wanted to offer my sympathy over losing your friend.  Life can be so hard, and I am sorry.
            I probably wrote this before, but I worked in the city (Medford) where the Black Dahlia lived.  I even know the street that she lived on.  My father was very interested in her case, and I have read a bit on her also.  It is a fascinating story.