Bundy Redux

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22 7:51 PM

      Did the lives of 14 year old serial killer-to-be Ted Bundy and 8 year old abducted and missing Ann Marie Burr intersect on August 31, 1961 in Tacoma Washington?  Was she Bundy’s first victim, or was their proximity a coincidence?

      In true crime, this kind of loose end haunts detectives and family members.  Here are two others that make me shiver!

                  ***When Richard Speck was ejected from a freighter two weeks before he slaughtered the student nurses, he was put ashore off Lake Michigan within a mile from where three young women vanished without a trace later that same day.

                  ***The night teenager Evelyn Hartley disappeared forever from a house where she was babysitting in 1956 Lacrosse Michigan, serial killer Ed “PyschoGein was visiting his Aunt who lived just a few blocks from the crime scene.

      Eerie, huh?  That’s why this Bundy thing got under my skin.

      But did Ted really live just a few blocks from Ann Marie?  And did his Uncle live next door to where she took piano lessons?

      No one I contacted knew for sure, including Bundy biographer Ann Rule.

      But through a Tacoma reporter named Cheryl Reid I was able to access a 1961 Tacoma directory.  And after obtaining all four addresses in question, with trembling fingers I downloaded a map of Tacoma

      The Moment Of Truth had arrived…