Sourcebook

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2002
      Hey Gang:
      Several times I've heard someone mention the Source Book.
      Called Judy in New Hampshire.  She asked:  "Which one?"

      So, what I would like to know is the title of that book and the author.
      Hope I hear from you people before she calls me back tonight.
      Thanks.

    • Autumn
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2002
        The book title is "The Lizzie Borden Sourcebook" and
        it is by David Kent in collaboration with Robert
        Flynn. It's an oversized book that (I think) was put
        out through the Fall River Historical Society. It has
        alot of the articles in it that were taken from
        newspapers at the time of the crime.

        http://faith.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2002
          Thanks Autumn:
          Now you got me confused. Seems to me David Kent and Bob Flynn came out with
          40 Whacks. Kent died in January 1992 and his son represented him at the
          Three Day Conference. Want to know something funny? They had gathered the
          tickets and drew a name. The winner won a copy of that book before David
          Kent died. One of my sisters won it. It came to me of course and ended up
          going to New Hampshire like the rest of the books.

          Judy had squealed when she got a copy of my letter to Flynn telling him I
          had found 20 errors in the first 38 pages. She asked: "Didn't you read the
          prefix?" I told her it was not my fault he'd made so many errors.

          If Kent and Flynn got together on a Sourcebook besides 40 Whacks, that one I
          never read. Judy didn't think much of it and she believes Lizzie guilty.
          Thanks a million. When Judy calls I'll be able to tell her which book you
          people are getting your information from. What year did this one come out?

          Author of Lizzie Borden Hands of Time
          > The book title is "The Lizzie Borden Sourcebook" and
          > it is by David Kent in collaboration with Robert
          > Flynn. It's an oversized book that (I think) was put
          > out through the Fall River Historical Society. It has
          > alot of the articles in it that were taken from
          > newspapers at the time of the crime.
          >
          > Autumn

        • Autumn
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2002
            Muriel,

            The book came out in 1992, anyway that is the copyright date. It must have come out shortly before Kent's death. I have to admit I haven't read it, it is pretty dry. Since it relies on newspaper accounts from that time period which weren't accurate to begin with, the book isn't either. I really only got the book because I wanted it to add to my Lizzie collection.